PDA

View Full Version : G751 upgrading to windows 10 problems

chili1496
09-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Hello 1st post so please be gentle.
I now own a rog g751 after moving away from alienware. I have upgraded 2 other systems in our household to windows 10 but this 751 laptop is proving to be difficult.
I have managed to do an install where I kept my files and apps but now trying to do a clean install is a bloody nightmare that keeps
crashing at the part where it loads drivers 40% the error I am getting is referring to sysprep.
I realse the above is rather vague but has anyone managed to upgrade one of these laptops easily? if so can you reply and help me out.
I have bios version 206 and secure boot is disabled

toronto699
09-13-2015, 01:33 PM
install W10 as as upgrade first and make sure W10 is activated , then later u can do a clean install
But Before u upgrade go to
RUN delete any files in "TEMP" and "%TEMP%
then upgrade
If u all teady have W10 installed , Be Sure to go to "RUN" and delete all "TEMP" and "%TEMP%" files as an W10 install file may be preventing the new install or upgrade
Any temp files that say they are in use by another program do not delete those

chili1496
09-13-2015, 03:05 PM
thanks for the reply.
my laptop is like 2 days old with me itt came with a pre installed oem win 8 which I done all the upgrades for then it was 8.1 and I got the icon for win 10 upgrade I reserved my copy.
used media creation tool to upgrade to win 10 it failed, ran the upgrade from the actual upgrade window and it worked I kept my files and apps win 10 is now activated.
so next step I wanted was a lean install. selected to keep nothing and install crashed at 40% tried numerous more times and once I got to 95% install failed at 2nd boot.
now back to failing at sysprep error.

will try what you say and get back to you. I am also thinking of trying another hd in it.

chili1496
09-13-2015, 04:22 PM
all sorted, feel rather foolish for taking so long to sort this.
I was trying to run the install process from within windows environment, it turns out I should of run it from my usb stick which I have now done and its installed perfectly

toronto699
09-13-2015, 04:26 PM
Glad u got it settled , G751 great machine what version u have {model #} if u have issues go to the asus download page for your modle # to find drivers, many are not W10 but they work in W10 just fine

http://www.asus.com/support