PDA

View Full Version : G750JZ - NBFC has stopped working properly

chedderslam
09-14-2015, 01:39 AM
I have been trying to get NBFC to run the fans faster as they haven't really been running that fast. I looked at the user guide and downloaded RWEverything. I was playing with that for a bit. While playing with profile, I have a problem with the heat going too high and used ASus GPUtweak to max the fans. My laptop kept shutting itself down, I guess from the heat.

Since then, NBFC hasn't worked correctly. Even when they heat reaches a certain level, it doesn't trigger the higher levels of fan speed in NBFC.

What I have tried:

1. Uninstalled NBFC several times, running CCleaner registry cleaner afterword and rebooting.
2. Completing removing ASUS GPU Tweak, or running it to reset the fan registry, or combinations thereof.
3. Using RWEverything to reset the fan control at the offset indicated in the Asus Zenbook UX32LN profile with "00" and "FF" to see if that reset it.
4. Remove CMOS battery.

I would like to get this working and am not sure what to do. I can't run the software I want without this working.

Thanks for any help. If there are any other fan control options please let me know.

Dcite
09-14-2015, 05:12 AM
If you have upgraded to Win10 recently, I noticed that my original install of NoteBookFanControl no longer seems to be doing as good a job.. infact... it can't seem control my left side CPU fan at all...

Having said that, the laptop should normally be doing fine controlling it's own fan speed, unless you happen to notice it's been throttling itself due to excessive heat.