PDA

View Full Version : Factoryreset problem G750JS

fjolsson
09-14-2015, 06:10 PM
My computer came preloaded with win 8.1 and I upgraded myself to win 10 and now I want to go back to win 8.1,
but I cant do a factory reset with F9 for the laptop is looking for a bacup that I dont have.

I dont have a bacup saved on usb or on the computer and no cd, anyone know where to start?
Or can I stay with win 10 and format my computer? And what will that do with the preinstalled programs?

toronto699
09-14-2015, 06:35 PM
In W10 go to "All Settings" "update and security" "Recovery" there will be an option to Revert Back to W8.1,
Id just keep W10 unless u are having lots f problems , there will be W10 updates coming soon , and more W10 drivers
Why do u want to go back to W8.1
DO NOT FORMAT YOUR PC You Need a Product KEY
After u upgrade to W10 and its activated u can download W10 ISO to a USB and do a clean install of W10 , but in doing so all Programs will be Deleted. U can Download the Asus programs for the G750js support page after the W10 clean install, id just leave what u have now , unless your G750 is having Serious Issues

redduc900
09-14-2015, 08:38 PM
As long as you didn't alter the partitions, you should still be able to perform a system recovery from the F9 Options menu. In the Options menu, select Troubleshoot--> Reset your PC--> Only the drive where Windows is installed--> Just remove my files.