PDA

View Full Version : ASUS MG279Q resizing desktop on sleep or power off

InternetOwl
09-16-2015, 02:05 AM
I bought a ASUS MG279Q 27 inch monitor and it's great except for the fact it seems to resize the desktop whenever it is powered off or goes into sleep mode. So it rearranges my desktop icons all the time. Any one know how to fix this?

Thnx.

Heini
09-16-2015, 02:34 AM
I had a similar problem when using an Nvidia card but since switching to a Fury X the problem hasn't returned. That is using a DP 1.2 and at 144hz.

InternetOwl
09-19-2015, 01:53 AM
I use a 390 with DP 1.2 at 90Hz for Free Sync. You can get around it by making sure any open pages on your desktop are closed or minimized before shut down or sleep mode. For instance, if you have the Bing bar on your desktop just minimize it before shut down and it will be back at the right spot on start up. If you don't though the screen gets resized. Not a huge deal but still the only monitor I have seen do this. Must be related to the usb function.

Heini
09-21-2015, 01:35 PM
For what it's worth....... I put a new MB, SSD and Win7 in and with the Fury X there was no problem but With the Titan X in the desktop scrambles even with nothing open in the tray or on desktop. Hey ASUS, any suggestions?

Heini
09-21-2015, 11:37 PM
Probably not a fix but I found a possible work around. Right-click on the desktop and under "View" make sure that "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid" are unchecked. Reboot and good luck...it has worked for me so far.

InternetOwl
09-23-2015, 10:29 PM
Probably not a fix but I found a possible work around. Right-click on the desktop and under "View" make sure that "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid" are unchecked. Reboot and good luck...it has worked for me so far.

Thnx, I will give it a try!