PDA

View Full Version : G551 Single Audio Plug not working w/headset splitter for headsets with 2 plugs?

ccdox
09-16-2015, 11:00 PM
Both of my gaming headsets (Steelseries, Sennheiser) have two plugs; microphone and headphone. The G551 having just one jack led me to believe that all I need is the appropriate headset splitter/adapter (so I got this one http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004SP0WAQ). When I get it all plugged in only the microphone works -- am I off base here and should instead be looking at picking up a USB soundcard to be able to use my gaming headset or is there something I'm missing? Would love help -- thanks in advance!!

castiboy
09-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Hi, I'm actually in a similar situation.

The jack works fine when using the headset that came with the laptop (there's a popup where you just have to check "headset".)
I would like to use a lapel mic (which came with my 2012 ROG laptop,) but there isn't a "line in" or "microphone" option, and "headset" doesn't work.

I was considering buying a splitter like yours but after reading about your experience with it I'm afraid it won't work either...

bartat404
09-18-2015, 10:09 PM
As castiboy mentioned, make sure you select "Headset" in the options on the pop-up that appears when you plug the cable in (Make sure you plug it in after you have plugged the mic and headphone leads into the cable.)