PDA

View Full Version : Lan Interface dissapears after Bios Update G751 JT

beststevie
09-18-2015, 11:34 PM
Hi,

I've just updated the G751JT from 207 to 209 and yesterday to 210. Today I had to use a lan cable for fast transfer. I was shocked,
because there was no more lan-interface. I has just dissapeared. The same with win8.1 and also with ubuntu - mate.

I thought I'll have my 4th RMA within less than one year. No, I just downgraded to 207 and I got the interface back. Shame on you!
I mean the quality management of this guys who released this Bios. Unfortunately I cannot say, which one has caused it.

So better not update higher than 207 or 8.

Cheers

steve

aeolisio
09-19-2015, 12:31 AM
Hi,

I've just updated the G751JT from 207 to 209 and yesterday to 210. Today I had to use a lan cable for fast transfer. I was shocked,
because there was no more lan-interface. I has just dissapeared. The same with win8.1 and also with ubuntu - mate.

I thought I'll have my 4th RMA within less than one year. No, I just downgraded to 207 and I got the interface back. Shame on you!
I mean the quality management of this guys who released this Bios. Unfortunately I cannot say, which one has caused it.

So better not update higher than 207 or 8.

Cheers

steve
You might want to pass that on to support its unlikely it will get to anyone by posting it here.

beststevie
09-19-2015, 07:48 AM
Hi,

I went back to 209. Network Interface is still there. So my personal warning is for 210.

I never got any answer from this "support". For me it was alsways (many times) useless to talk with them, I never got an answer of an technician.
But good idea. Maybe you want?

Maybe it happens only with certain config? Or only with my notebook?

steve

beststevie
09-19-2015, 12:23 PM
I did more than 2 hours testing. Back to Bios 210 ehterntt inteface first dissappeared again. But after I switched it off by pressing power button for 20 seconds, interface is back again.

I'm not really sure any more, if it's a issue of the Bios version. Sorry guys from Bios programming.

steve

zerbi
09-19-2015, 10:50 PM
Yesterday I upgraded to Bios 210
Usually i use WLAN for all connections at home
After reading your post i connected with ethernet and had no problems

beststevie
09-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Yesterday I upgraded to Bios 210
Usually i use WLAN for all connections at home
After reading your post i connected with ethernet and had no problems

Hmmm,

as the Ethernet problem is one of two curiosities these days it's either the Bios or the
hardware of this particular notebook. Every error encountered was seen on 3 different OSs.
Win8.1+10+Ubuntu. They can be reproduced. The other is an ACPI error ( http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76326-G751JT-Bios-209-ACPI-Error ). I tested today an older image of Win 10
(I don't use it usually) and I got same problems. One more has written, he has the same error. So I'm still hopeful that I don't have to ask for the 4th RMA.

steve