PDA

View Full Version : Help with my returned G751.

Anthony566
09-19-2015, 11:28 PM
Just over one week ago i purchased my second G751 and as soon as it arrived and i turned it on the GPU fan started making a loud droning sound when running so i contacted the supplier and they aranged a collection so they could test the laptop and confirm the issue, i recieved a call from the supplier on Friday to inform me that there was nothing wrong with the laptop and it was working as it should .... yes with the droning and they also told me as long as i kept the laptop on a flat level surface it would be fine .......

How do i convince the supplier that this fan should not make this sound and it should sound the same as the CPU fan ?? Otherwise i am going to recieve this laptop back with a fan that is going to drive me mad .......

This is my last resort as i don't know what to do next ....

My model is G751JY-T7303H

Corporal
09-19-2015, 11:42 PM
Just over one week ago i purchased
Can you not return your laptop for a refund/replacement?

Anthony566
09-19-2015, 11:49 PM
I have and they are saying it is working as it should and the noise is normal, they have said I can have a refund but as the item in there opinion is not faulty I have to pay a 20% restocking fee ... so 350 to return it !!!!!

Gps3dx
09-20-2015, 12:08 AM
The supplier is not the most qualified identity in the market - but Asus is.
It is only fair and also a compromise, to demand that the laptop will be inspected by Asus qualified lab, as only they can say the "last word" in the matter ( and as you also should know - they're ppl - and they're a corporation... so mistakes are common )
Demand IN WRITING - that they'll return to you a BRAND NEW laptop if the qualified lab will find the fan to be faulty -> because they should have supplied a BRAND NEW working laptop... not a brand new-faulty one....

take notes of the names of each person, the date, and the summery of the conversation and ask for ETA for every action they make/promise.
Video your old G751 and compare it to the new one - so you'll have a proof that indeed that problem exist.
if it's legal in your country, I can advise you to record phone talks you make in the matter ( because a spoken promise is also a "contract" - it has legal implications ).

Anthony566
09-20-2015, 12:20 AM
The supplier is not the most qualified identity in the market - but Asus is.
It is only fair and also a compromise, to demand that the laptop will be inspected by Asus qualified lab, as only they can say the "last word" in the matter ( and as you also should know - they're ppl - and they're a corporation... so mistakes are common )
Demand IN WRITING - that they'll return to you a BRAND NEW laptop if the qualified lab will find the fan to be faulty -> because they should have supplied a BRAND NEW working laptop... not a brand new-faulty one....

take notes of the names of each person, the date, and the summery of the conversation and ask for ETA for every action they make/promise.
Video your old G751 and compare it to the new one - so you'll have a proof that indeed that problem exist.
if it's legal in your country, I can advise you to record phone talks you make in the matter ( because a spoken promise is also a "contract" - it has legal implications ).

Hi Thanks for the reply,

I have requested that they have this looked at by ASUS but have no idea if they will and I have already said to the supplier if they cannot send me a new laptop as a replacement then I want a full refund but as it was Friday the response I got was they could not do anything until Monday.

My biggest regret is that I did not record the laptop making the sound .... ( I could kick myself for not doing that ) however I did get the person I spoke to on the phone before returning it to listen to the sound it was making and the agreed that it did not sound right that was why they agreed to collect the laptop.

aeolisio
09-20-2015, 01:07 AM
Hi Thanks for the reply,

I have requested that they have this looked at by ASUS but have no idea if they will and I have already said to the supplier if they cannot send me a new laptop as a replacement then I want a full refund but as it was Friday the response I got was they could not do anything until Monday.

My biggest regret is that I did not record the laptop making the sound .... ( I could kick myself for not doing that ) however I did get the person I spoke to on the phone before returning it to listen to the sound it was making and the agreed that it did not sound right that was why they agreed to collect the laptop.
The real learning lesson should be not to use a supplier with a restocking fee. Thats exactly why we dont use Newegg. I would rather pay an extra few dollars and buy it from a hassle free company like amazon costco but usually they beat neweggs price anyways.

Anthony566
09-20-2015, 08:43 AM
The real learning lesson should be not to use a supplier with a restocking fee. Thats exactly why we dont use Newegg. I would rather pay an extra few dollars and buy it from a hassle free company like amazon costco but usually they beat neweggs price anyways.

The supplier i have used is not new to me and i have used them for a number of years for other none computer products and they do not advertise a restocking fee so i will be challenging them on this on Monday.

joshindaphils
09-20-2015, 11:59 AM
The supplier i have used is not new to me and i have used them for a number of years for other none computer products and they do not advertise a restocking fee so i will be challenging them on this on Monday.

Also let them know that you are a loyal customer and you have a unit to compare it to, and they are in fact wrong, at least that when it was in your position it was indeed broken.

When I had lived in a Micro Center serviced area I played the loyalty card to swap a video card a week outside of the return window, though in warranty. I simply told them hey, I spend a lot of money here, and I would rather not be without a video card processing the warranty through the manufacture, you can RMA the card on your end at no direct monetary cost. The manager checked my purchase history (rather extensive and over 6 years) and then she handed me a new card.

If you can keep emotion (read anger) out of your communication and let people know 'hey you don't realize it perhaps, but you are screwing me' and back that assertion up, then ask 'how would you feel in my situation?'. This tends to be very effective in my experience, in particular with establishments you are a loyal customer to.

Anthony566
09-24-2015, 11:02 PM
Just an update to my issue ... I have now been refunded my full purchase amount which is a shame as I really really like the G751 so I am going to wait for the G72 and see what happens the the G751 price then buy over the counter rather than mail order ....

So for now I no longer have an Asus ROG :(