PDA

View Full Version : Dead battery in less then a year?

wildtiger
09-20-2015, 06:40 PM
So i got 751JT right after it thanksgiving.
Now my battery do not want to charge for more then 89%, left over night - same still stuck at 89.
Tried to discharge and charge back still same
So if I understand Asus do not cover batteries, so in less then a year I already have to spend 200$ to get new one,
Thx Asus! You best!

Corporal
09-20-2015, 11:19 PM
I think battery gets a 1 year warranty coverage? Check your warranty terms, maybe you're lucky.

wildtiger
09-20-2015, 11:39 PM
I have better idea I am going to Taiwan next week, i will stop by Asus office and tell them everything what I am think about there product

Clintlgm
09-21-2015, 02:10 AM
Please be sure to report back after that meeting, we all would like to know how that goes. Depending on your particular warranty most are 1 year on the battery.

wildtiger
09-21-2015, 02:38 AM
I will , also will try to ask WHERE IS OUR G-SYNC! :D
Adress on warranty card saying

NO15 , Li-te Road, Peitou
Taipei 112, Taiwan
that is where i will go , will report in first days of October

Korth
09-24-2015, 03:23 AM
You might be able to "recondition" the battery through a half-dozen cycles of full charge and partial (around 50%) discharge. Also try to avoid charging and discharging it simultaneously (running your device plugged in to external power while charge is low) because the extra heat will only accelerate decrepitude on an already-dying battery. It will never again be as good as new but it might be able to consistently hold more charge longer and perform a lot better than it does now. Or it might already be too-far gone. You've probably allowed it completely discharge (and remain in a critically-depleted state) too often or too long, this permanently de-rates the battery chemistry and shortens its useful per-charge (and overall) lifespan. Newer battery technologies use smaller anode masses (and all sorts of nanomagical mysteries which multiply chemical surface areas) which basically aren't as robust as older and simpler (and bulkier) battery technologies - they're basically engineered to be small and light and power-dense and somewhat disposable and frequently recharged, letting them fully discharge tends to be bad practice.