PDA

View Full Version : Where I have to place a second G750JS RAM Modul

svenonvita
09-23-2015, 08:56 AM
Hi,
I am from Germany and I have bought a new Asus ROG G750JS last year. My problem is, I have only one 8 GB RAM Modul installed.
To enable the Dual Channel Mod, I need a second 8 GB RAM Modul. But I have no idea, where I have to place the second RAM Modul,
to enable the Dual Channel Mod. One RAM Modul is installed under the keyboard. Under the bottom are two free slots. In which slot
I have to stick the second RAM Modul?
Please excuse me for my bad english

Corporal
09-23-2015, 03:48 PM
There are two 4 GB modules installed under the keyboard. Dual channel mode is already active.

Source:
www . notebookcheck . net/Asus-G750JS-T4064H-Gaming-Notebook-Review.116946.0.html

redduc900
09-23-2015, 03:53 PM
From what I remember from a previous thread, it doesn't matter which DIMM slot you use for the additional module to enable dual-channel mode. After the module is installed, you can verify whether it's running in DC or not by opening CPU-Z to the Memory tab. Check out this thread for verification...

[solved] G750JS RAM upgrade. which slot (service bay) for dual-channel
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?52292-G750JS-RAM-upgrade-which-slot-(service-bay)-for-dual-channel

svenonvita
09-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Hi Corporal,
I am sure, that there are only one RAM Modul is installed. Thats what I have seen in CPU-Z. I dont know why it is so in Germany. Tomorrow, I will get
2 new 8 GB RAM Kingston HyperX Sticks with low voltage.
After I have installed the new RAM, I will post it here.
Thanks a lot.