PDA

View Full Version : M.2 SSD for G771JW

FreeeMan
09-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Cleers lads and gals!
So I bought this G771JW at the end of last months! I upgraded the RAM from 8GB to 16GB. I also added an extra storage unit, a 500GB Evo850 SSD.
Now, what I really want is an M.2 PCIE X4 SSD. The problem I came across is the temperature that these M.2 SSDs can get to.
The video in this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hhdWwvh5kI will show that a Samsung XP941 SSD will go as hot as 113 degrees Celsius! Now, I know that in a decent case with a proper airflow, that temperature won't be reached, but what about in a laptop? I really want an M.2 SSD but I'm afraid with those temperatures. Even the Plextor in the video gets to 98 degrees, which is still much, keeping in mind that it's much slower than the XP941. What would you guys recommend? WIll this interface improve in time? Will there be more stable M.2 SSDs coming out? Thanks for your suggestions and ideas!

One more question!! Do I need that M.2 bracket cause my laptop didn't come with one! And if I do, where can I buy one? Thnaks!!

Caspermathn
09-24-2015, 02:46 AM
Maybe why they put the air slots right below the m.2 slot? No air intakes anywhere else.