PDA

View Full Version : G750JM CPU hot !!

chomcuong
09-24-2015, 03:28 AM
Hi all,
I got an G750JM 1 year ago and it had been running perfectly. Lastweek. I was playing game ( Dota2) and could hear noise from cpu fan then the computer suddenly shut down. After checking RealTempGt, my cpu degree was 80 and it also shows 2 'log' thermal (the others were on OK). Those 'log' thermals turned to 'OK' but i think i got some problems here:
_ CPU degree is at 60 when surfing like 4-5 chrome tabs and 40-50 degree when idle ( cpu load ~5%). Temperature room is 25 degree.
_ CPU degree is at 70-80 degree when playing DOta2, farcry4, metro etc.
_ Sometimes the cpu fans works like a lamborghini exhaust and i have to close running programs to stop it. lol
_ I did some sensor tests and cpu degree peaks at 93 degree.
_ My gpu fan/degree are fine.

My questions:
_ Are those degrees normal for my G750?
_ Are my cpu fan dusty or damaged?
_ Or i need to replace thermal paste?

Any help would be appreciated !

MaxCioco
09-24-2015, 08:34 AM
For DotA they are too high, but for farcry4 they are normal. Nevertheless they seem generally high and the sound is not a good sign.
More likely your laptop is full with dust and you need to get it cleaned -> from what I know if you open it your void warranty.
It seems like a good idea repaste it as well, but doing that will void your warranty. It's a tough job anyway to open and repaste so I personally advise you to take it to a service, since your have it for only 1 year and it's still covered by warranty -> no point in opening the laptop and voiding the warranty.

Corporal
09-24-2015, 08:55 AM
The warranty is only void if you break a seal. Are there any seals that prevent you from opening your laptop?
Opening my G751JY is very easy, I assume that opening a G750JM is just as easy. PM me if you want any detailed information on how to open it.
I'd advice against taking it to a service, as they may scratch the laptop/ screen. Good luck trying to prove they scratched it. It's also likely going to cost you some money.

It seems like a good idea repaste it as well Repasting after just one year seems pointless to me.

chomcuong
09-24-2015, 10:25 AM
Hi guys, thank you for replying.
Is the cpu degree affected by power plan? I always set it on "high performance" instead of "balanced" .What is the best choice ? i do play game intensively.
#MaxCioco:
Yeah. I think it's really high for Dota2. The degree even reaches above 80 degree and also cause fps drop. Thanks for your advice anw.
#Corporal:
That sounds bad. I did add more RAM to my laptop. Are you sure about the thermal? I think bad thermal paste results in CPU throttling.
And i think i need to clean cpu anw. I just pm you.

toronto699
09-24-2015, 01:02 PM
set power plan to Balanced.

chomcuong
09-24-2015, 01:50 PM
set power plan to Balanced.

Can you give me a specific reason? Would it affect gaming performance?
Thanks

Corporal
09-24-2015, 02:02 PM
Can you give me a specific reason? Would it affect gaming performance?
Thanks
The "High performance" power plan prevents the CPU from running at lower frequency when the power is not needed. This results in higher temperatures.
No, it won't affect your gaming performance.

Darnassus
09-25-2015, 07:45 PM
As long as you're at 80 and under, you're in the normal range. 85+ is when you'd really worry. 75 is best if you can help it