PDA

View Full Version : G751 - How to setup RAID 0?

Rares95
09-24-2015, 10:44 AM
As i am planning on adding a second HDD in my ODD bay, and basically because they are the same model (HGST 7K1000), i want to setup RAID 0 for them. Can anyone point me out to the steps of setting it up? Ideally i would do a fresh install of Windows 10 on my SSD and maybe then i can setup RAID 0 between the HDD's?

I searched for some guides on the internet but I'd rather have someone who has this setup explain what he did?

Corporal
09-24-2015, 12:11 PM
Go to Control Panel -> Disk Management,
Then press Action -> All Tasks -> New Striped Volume.

Source: Running a 2xHGST 7K1000 Raid 0 myself :D

Gps3dx
09-24-2015, 12:33 PM
This might help:
[GUIDE] RAID-0 Dual-Boot WIndows and Linux (by @BNaughty or @Quasimodem) (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33168-GUIDE-RAID-0-Dual-Boot-WIndows-and-Linux)

Sereus
09-24-2015, 02:10 PM
well actually if you are setting up a third drive you might want to consider parity instead of striping. If I remember right this should increase your performance of your HDDs while still supplying data security through the parity (But not as much of a boost as striping).

NeoBeum
09-25-2015, 09:13 AM
As i am planning on adding a second HDD in my ODD bay, and basically because they are the same model (HGST 7K1000), i want to setup RAID 0 for them. Can anyone point me out to the steps of setting it up? Ideally i would do a fresh install of Windows 10 on my SSD and maybe then i can setup RAID 0 between the HDD's?

I searched for some guides on the internet but I'd rather have someone who has this setup explain what he did?

You can set up the Raid pre-install of windows 10, or post-install... if you do a pre-install, you need to turn on the raid settings in bios.

make sure you set up your partitions correctly on the SSD, if you plan to do a complete wipe, and then point the correct images for recovery and repair.

else your g751 will have a sad.

Rares95
09-25-2015, 12:01 PM
Thanks for your answers, guys :)