PDA

View Full Version : Let's sue ASUS for selling faulty G751JY units

flydutch
09-25-2015, 06:23 PM
Does anybody know if it is possible to sue ASUS for selling units that are known to be faulty like the G751JY with the known sound crackling problem and the left USB ports not having enough power for external HDD drives to work?

Gps3dx
09-25-2015, 06:44 PM
my suggestion... put it in RMA... untill they admit there is a problem that cannot be fixed.
then you'll have to offer you a replacment laptop -> choose the newer G751JY (g-sync enable ) or the newer G752...

if they want to spend $$$, by offering RMA & NEW replacement laptops, while offer hundreds of ppl a job.... instead of just fixing the damn problem .... let them !

Corporal
09-25-2015, 06:56 PM
left USB ports not having enough power
Those 2 ports do not fulfill the USB 3.0 specification. Together they put out 450 mA max, where as it must be 500 mA for every port. This is clearly a case of false advertising. Wait till the new G752 comes out and they run out of old G751 units, then RMA and demand a replacement.

Sound crackling is a software issue, but ASUS is too lazy to fix it -> can also be used against ASUS.

flydutch
09-25-2015, 09:49 PM
I just bought the G751JY gsync enable but it has both problems so I think to send it back and wait for the G752 and see if they fixed the problems, at least I get my money back. 1700€

JustinThyme
09-26-2015, 01:40 AM
You guys crack me up! Thanks for the laugh I needed it.

rogyajota
09-26-2015, 07:06 AM
I don't even know how you are serious about making rma claims to get new g752 lol

flydutch
09-26-2015, 07:46 AM
I don't even know how you are serious about making rma claims to get new g752 lol

I think we have all the rights, since people are paying big money (2000+ $ or 1700+ €) for a faulty unit. The fact is that they know they are selling a faulty unit and they are not doing anything to solve it. So I'll be returning mine since I have the chance and wait for the G752. Other people are not that lucky so RMA if you can and get a good unit. I am returning it because RMA procedures are to long. ASUS support answered to my request for support again with the stupid answer to update Bios and driver. They don't have clue and don't read the questions you make.

Corporal
09-26-2015, 09:40 AM
I dare ASUS to try and fix those problems when I RMA it, without giving me a replacement :cool:
Especially the USB 3.0 power flaw.

Tobi94
09-26-2015, 01:08 PM
I decided as well to return my AsusG751JY unit since I am still within the 14-day period in my country. The sound issue is just ridiculous and I never had this before. Even buying an external sound card does not entirely fix the issue (but to a certain extent makes it less noticeable and provides a better sound in general).

I don't know if I am going to wait for the 752 model (just because all of these are coming with Windows 10 installed by default this is a potential dealbreaker for me). Probably I will just build a new desktop and do some research on appropiate parts and seek some advice. If I pay 2000€ for such a laptop I exspect it to work somewhat flawlessly. Minor issues are ok if they can be fixed by updating the drivers but this is unfortunately not the case here.

For those who can't return their unit or are tired of RMA'ing it I can only advice you to buy a external sound card when it comes to these crackling issues. As I said it won't go away but it will help.

Corporal
09-26-2015, 06:49 PM
Even buying an external sound card does not entirely fix the issue (but to a certain extent makes it less noticeable and provides a better sound in general).
What? If you're having sound crackling issue with an external soundcard, laptop is not to blame, but the said external soundcard. I'm using ASUS Xonar U7, and it's pretty good.

advice you to buy a external sound card when it comes to these crackling issues. As I said it won't go away but it will help.
The issue on ASUS's side is definitely going to go away. The asus soundcard simply isn't used then. Whether the external card has the same issue, is another question.

If I pay 2000€ for such a laptop I exspect it to work somewhat flawlessly.
Right now you're out of options. I'd love to see a flawless/better than g751jy laptop on the market, but it's not there. The closest to flawless is a macbook pro, but it's useless for gaming.

Tobi94
09-27-2015, 02:37 AM
What? If you're having sound crackling issue with an external soundcard, laptop is not to blame, but the said external soundcard. I'm using ASUS Xonar U7, and it's pretty good.

The sound card can certainly not be blamed since I also tested it on my desktop and like on the asus g751jy with multiple headphones. This is certainly a issue coming straight from the unit itself but since I am returning it anyway I won't bother to think what is causing this.

Vlada011
09-27-2015, 03:44 AM
No reason for court, if you lose you will pay everything and for you and for ASUS.
Much better and for you is if they admit that problem exist and if they launch new better model to deal with distributor and to pay some money and to replace for newer model. Usually all ASUS distributors allow such things when there are known problem on more laptops.
Laptops are excellent and in one moment I thought for laptop but I know myself and that will end again with desktop.
First I would need mechanical keyboard and mouse, after that if sound is not best I would go on USB sound card, than I would connect laptop on bigger monitor... and than I would figure out that GTX980M is same as GTX770/GTX780 and i7-4870Q same as i5-4670K and than I would back on desktop.
Now I like these Intel Xtreme and I will change every platform...:) OK not every when Intel replace socket. Every socket.

Asoryu
09-29-2015, 03:36 PM
Does anybody know if it is possible to sue ASUS for selling units that are known to be faulty like the G751JY with the known sound crackling problem and the left USB ports not having enough power for external HDD drives to work?

They have your money, they'll stall until you run out of warranty. Unless you get some sort of traction with a class action lawsuit you're basically screwed. I bought mine in February and I'm at my wits end trying to get them to resolve day 1 issues. My biggest mistake was not buying the Dell like I had initially wanted to.

jportella
09-30-2015, 04:17 AM
I was with the desire to buy the "G751JY-T7137H" but reading this post (and others about problems) I think I will opt not to buy this model. Is it really bad? What other similar models would you recommend?

Corporal
09-30-2015, 06:50 AM
I was with the desire to buy the "G751JY-T7137H" but reading this post (and others about problems) I think I will opt not to buy this model. Is it really bad? What other similar models would you recommend?
The G751JY is one of the best machines on the market, despite its design flaws. I know I'd buy it again. Other laptops have many different problems too.
If you think you can live with there flaws, there's no reason not to buy it.

Asoryu
09-30-2015, 01:19 PM
The G751JY is one of the best machines on the market, despite its design flaws. I know I'd buy it again. Other laptops have many different problems too.
If you think you can live with there flaws, there's no reason not to buy it.

You have read these forums right? Backtracker failing to create a new image, massive latency on the network cards, crappy keyboards that ghost on 3 keys, audio issues, build issues, bios issues, crappy "IPS" displays?

Then try to get ASUS to provide a technical support solution for you, not going to happen. They just have you send your laptop on a Fedex tour of the US for a few weeks at a time, replace random parts, then send your laptop back damaged.

I have never in my life experienced such poor quality and poor customer service in my life from a vendor. Dell comes to my house and fixes my machine, Toshiba either solves my issues over the phone and when they can't they fix my laptop the first time and it comes back in just as good of physical shape as I sent it. These are absolutely not good machines, you just need to spend a few minutes reading the forums to realize ASUS doesn't care about this market.

beststevie
09-30-2015, 03:29 PM
Hello,

finally the SSD died after it has had already an error at last RMA.

I become sick of writing always bad things here. I was thinking about selling the G751JT, because it was not reliable at all, over the last 10 months. But now it's dead again.

Okay, discs are dying every day, that's not really something to mention. but I had now about 10 weeks without being able to use this pretty notebook within 10 months. No excuses, no answer to my questions. Here in Germany they just have an "callcenter" with no technicians and an robot, which is sending you answers to RMA requests: Just send it back for RMA.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60609-Getting-no-support-from-Asus/page2

So I'm more than disappointed. I'm really angry!

cheers

steve

Corporal
09-30-2015, 04:28 PM
Sorry to hear that, beststevie.
It's really a shame (and illegal, at least in Germany) how ASUS deals with its warranty responsibilities. Basically, if you don't have problems, you're fine, if you do have problems and send it to ASUS's sorry excuse for support, you're screwed.
Cases get scratched, parts downgraded, ram modules go missing.

You had a problem with the bios config, right? Have you tried to take out the BIOS battery? Because now I'm worried about setting up dual boot in my laptop.

beststevie
10-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Sorry to hear that, beststevie.
It's really a shame (and illegal, at least in Germany) how ASUS deals with its warranty responsibilities. Basically, if you don't have problems, you're fine, if you do have problems and send it to ASUS's sorry excuse for support, you're screwed.
Cases get scratched, parts downgraded, ram modules go missing.

You had a problem with the bios config, right? Have you tried to take out the BIOS battery? Because now I'm worried about setting up dual boot in my laptop.

it's not a problem with the Bios config and I don't know if it finally has something to do with the dual boot config, but it startet like it started again few days ago. Everything was well installed and working without errors for some weeks. Suddenly it didn't start any more. No more option than taking out the boot disc. It started again to Bios. Starting again with boot disc: Invalid Signature. In 2 of 3 cases it ended with RMA, when I just switched off Secure Boot. Maybe it was fixed in one of the last Bios, but this Time, it still keeps on running. I might also depend to certain setups with USB devices. I don't know really.

But in my heart I prefer to waste my time with such silly things than only gambling all day long ;)

It also took me a while, that it is a big difference to an PC, regarding to the Bios Battery thing. It's a kind of protection not easily being able do reset the Bios password for some reasons like anti theft and so on.

Svift
10-01-2015, 08:16 PM

Meh, if you think thats bad. Go and buy yourself "gaming" Lenovo ... Its a shame that $2500 machine has so lame flaws. Its not a dealbreaker for me. And they fixed USB and sound with bios and new drivers.