PDA

View Full Version : G750JH won't boot, black screen and clicking noise coming from DVD-ROM

edkyar
09-26-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm having this issue for almost a week.

Sometimes it boots without trouble(especially when i don't use it for 7-8 hours), sometimes monitor not opening, fans are working, clicking noise coming from CD-ROM and it boots after 10-20 minutes and sometimes it never boots. Clicking noise coming from CD-ROM i'm sure because it stops when i open CD-ROM while in black screen. I made some research on google and thought it may be because of PSU can u help me?

Darnassus
09-27-2015, 08:33 AM
Umm..

Just as a small general measure, have you tried taking out the battery and charger, and holding the power button down for 2 minutes? This maaaay fix your problem.

The clicking is worrisome. Have you tried booting the laptop with the CD tray ejected?

The clicking could be the mechanical hard drive parking it's head everywhere.

edkyar
09-27-2015, 09:46 AM
Umm..

Just as a small general measure, have you tried taking out the battery and charger, and holding the power button down for 2 minutes? This maaaay fix your problem.

The clicking is worrisome. Have you tried booting the laptop with the CD tray ejected?

The clicking could be the mechanical hard drive parking it's head everywhere.

Yes i tried your first suggestion and it didn't work.

And when i eject the CD-tray clicking noise disappears but laptop still not booting.

Darnassus
09-28-2015, 06:41 PM
I'm going to sound retarded but bear with me.

Open up the back panel and reseat the hard drives. (take them out, then push them back in)

the ram too, if you have access to it.

In the BIOS (if you manage to get in), turn off both Safe Boot and Fast Boot.

Maybe this might help. If you can manage to reflash the BIOS too, try that. Otherwise I have absolutely no idea. When a laptop does something 'temperamental' as in, DECIDES when it wants to do something, I believe it's usually a short circuit somewhere. That could be a build up in moisture if you live in a humid area.