PDA

View Full Version : Asus G751JT - CPU+GPU Temperature + Fan Noises?

Furnova
09-27-2015, 11:54 AM
Good day!
I have searched through this Forum and other places on the internet for quite some time, but am still not able to find a solution.

My Setup is the Asus G751JT with an Intel core i7-4720HQ, 16 Gigs of RAM, GTX970M, 256GB SSD+1TB HDD
I have also recently updated to Windows 10, as well as flashed the most actual 210 BIOS onto my system.

I have this Laptop for a few weeks now and the power of this beast is just amazing. But I have come to a few Questions. I have heard that this Laptop is surperior for its cooling and quietness.
So far, I have experienced and measured following levels of temperature and noise levels with Open Hardware Monitor:

CPU:
On boot direcly 32C, after a few mins of idling goes up to 40-50 (settles itself inbetween 43 and 46)

GPU:
On Idle, it also is around 40-46C,

Fan Noises:
I have measured (Gotta say only with my smartphone, but still), soundlevels of between 50-60 Decibel on the CPU fan side and 50-55 on the GPU fan side.

Are these values in the normal area? I know that the fans boost up and get somewhat hot when I play games like Crysis 3 on FullHD and Ultra Graphics, but I am somewhat concerned about Idling temps.
Would someone be able to help me out, please?

Edweird
09-27-2015, 12:19 PM
There's literally 3 threads about temperatures on the first and second pages of this forum. :D
Yeah, 100% normal, don't worry about it.

Furnova
09-27-2015, 12:31 PM
There's literally 3 threads about temperatures on the first and second pages of this forum. :D
Yeah, 100% normal, don't worry about it.

Completely normal? Can I be assured that those are no malfunctions that might reduce the lifespan of my laptop?
Also is it normal that there is an audible "peep"-Sound everytime my HDD "wakes up" when writing massively much data like 50gb when installing a game?

Edweird
09-27-2015, 01:00 PM
I don't know whether or not you can be assured ... it's the same for me and everyone else I know on this forum. Those temperatures are completely fine. Your CPU will reach 90 degrees at times, being at 40-something shouldn't worry you.

The drive question - I'm not sure. This happens to mine sometimes as well, but to be honest, I haven't heard of issues with mobile harddrives since 2005. Someone else might add something but I wouldn't worry about it. Might be nice to check how it performs using benchmark software - it should top out at around 115-120MB/s sequential reading.