PDA

View Full Version : GL551 ehternet disconnecting frequently in Win10, but wirless works ok?

MelvinZ
10-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Hey guys. I have the GL551, had it for a little over a month now, pretty satisfied with it. Took a lot of setup to get it just the way I want it, but that's beside the point.

However, I've been having a problem with my internet. The wireless works completely fine. I have had absolutely no problems with it that weren't caused by the router itself. But for some reason whenever I have my ethernet cable plugged in the internet will just randomly disconnect. The Windows 10 network manager says that I'm connected via ethernet but I have no internet access. On top of that it says I'm connected with either 3 or 4 bars of wifi, but I have absolutely no internet access.

I've managed to solve this by unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which causes both the cable and the wifi to work again, but that's only a temporary fix as it just does it again later. I know it's not a router problem as well cause we've had 3 different ones in the past 2 weeks (long story don't ask) and all of them have done the exact same thing. Does anyone know what could be going on? And thanks in advanced for any help.

MelvinZ
10-23-2015, 11:00 PM
So, nobody knows what the heck is happening here? Cause this is really annoyng and I still haven't figured out how to fix it. On top of that its done the same thing at a completely different house with a completely different router... Any ideas?

Clintlgm
10-24-2015, 03:40 AM
I guess you've already uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled the LAN Drivers?
I would also look into the settings in your router. Set your DHCP to allow Manual and manually assign an IP for your LAN Cards mac ID
Do you have a Work Group set up or are you using homegroup? I've never had much luck with HomeGroup. My simple Peer to Peer work group works good and I have full control unlike homeGroup