PDA

View Full Version : G751JY Slow Boot after upgrade to WIn10

TurkROG
10-13-2015, 03:01 PM
Dears

Greetings ,,

i upgrade to Win10 lately , but booting time is not like in WIn8.1 , it take time to boot

i have SSD PCIE256 GB but it still slow , any way to make it faster ?

also underneath the PCIE SSD there is a place to place a SSD 2.5 , can i use that slot to install new SSD with my PCIE ?

Thanks in advance ...:cool::eek:

TurkROG
10-17-2015, 01:55 PM
]unlike windows 8 , windows 10 take uch time to boot

pcie 256 SSD is already there , any solutions ?

Kimmix
10-18-2015, 01:28 AM
My G751JY booted in 7 seconds in w8, and about 15 seconds in w10.
I recently formatted my SSD, and it now boots it 7-10 secs again... I guess it's windows updates and stuff like that which makes the laptop boot slower

Gps3dx
10-18-2015, 10:12 AM
My G751JY booted in 7 seconds in w8, and about 15 seconds in w10.
I recently formatted my SSD, and it now boots it 7-10 secs again... I guess it's windows updates and stuff like that which makes the laptop boot slower

Dears
Greetings ,,
i upgrade to Win10 lately , but booting time is not like in WIn8.1 , it take time to boot
i have SSD PCIE256 GB but it still slow , any way to make it faster ?
also underneath the PCIE SSD there is a place to place a SSD 2.5 , can i use that slot to install new SSD with my PCIE ?
Thanks in advance ...:cool::eek:

ppl, hello.
The G751 is not a supercomputer, thus boot takes few sec.
I suggest you check your boot method, if it is NOT UEFI - you need to keep reading the STICKY THREAD How to install windows 8/8.1/10 The proper way (UEFI based installation) (Guide: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 The proper way (UEFI based installation)).
You can check this by pressing start -> type "system information" -> click the corresponding -> a new windows opens -> look at the right side, for the value of "BIOS Mode".... -> it should be UEFI -> if not PLEASE READ THE HOLE GUIDE I linked above.

if you are already on uefi, I can suggest you clean install win10 WITHOUT installing ALL ASUS BLOATWARE.
Plus it is a good idea to reformat your GPT drive OR AT MIN perform a defrag !
Don't forget that on SSDs you MUST have some few free GB so the internal auto ssd's managment will works as it should, making sure your ssd is healthy and speedy.
if you're on samsung EVO ssd's try to enable "Rapid Mode", on win 10 you need a special method to enable it, as it is still not officialy compatible with win 10 -> LOOK HERE FOR A FULL SOLUTION (http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/20984-another-fix-works-samsung-magician-4-7-a.html#post376718)