PDA

View Full Version : Asus g51 upgrade

andrewjanowitz
10-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Hey everyone, im new to this forum and to building a laptop. I have an Asus G51 vx-rx05. I know its old, but i love the laptop, i would like to put a more modern motherboard in it as well as get some more RAM and a better processor in it. Id like to go cheap as possible but still want power. Looking to spend about $300, but i can go higher. My hopes are atleast 8gb RAM, and a processor of atleast 3ghz. Possibly a video card. Also if you could leave tips on doing the build thatd be great. Any suggestions other then buying a new laptop?

Clintlgm
10-16-2015, 09:23 PM
The only suggestion would be G551. Notebooks are not like desktops there is very little you can actually upgrade in any of them, mostly RAM and Hard drives. Notebook Motherboard are especially proprietary each model has its own configuration and related hardware. Of course nothing is impossible enough ingenuity and money can probably accomplish something.

andrewjanowitz
10-17-2015, 03:38 AM
Yeah, shortly after posting this my buddy kind of told me the same thing. Thanks for the reply

Clintlgm
10-17-2015, 04:27 AM
Yes were all learning about these things all the time. these forums are the best for ROG computers.