PDA

View Full Version : G751-JY Miracast/Widi + WIreless Display

Tuluppa
10-16-2015, 09:34 PM
Hey

So Id like to connect my TV as a wireless display, but I cant seem to get it to work.

I can stream video just fine into it, but whenever I try to use "Connect" in windows 10 the TV says "Connecting Intels Widi" and laptop says "Connecting" then for a second I can see "Disconnect" button on laptop but it immediatly disconnects on its on, TV just keeps showing the message and loading animation goes on.

TV is LG 50LN575V-ZE with latest firmware.

I can mirror screen from my android phone just fine, but that uses Miracast. Laptop only seems to go with intel Widi, for whatever reason I dont know anything about these two things.

Any help much appreciated!

Tuluppa

toronto699
10-16-2015, 11:35 PM
I have ? about your TV in the TV settings , network or wifi what does it say? rather what does it say in setting up WFI
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/wireless/wireless-display
your TV has intel widi , your laptop does not that's what I see . I could be wrong though . there are Intel Widi software for PC {laptop}
I stream video to my TV from my G751 jy in a different way I use my PS3 as the wifi connection. as my tv is not wifi compatible , but yourtv is I think u need intel widi software on laptop. is my guess.

Tuluppa
10-17-2015, 12:42 AM
TV support both Widi and Miracast. 2,4 and 5ghz wifi. Doesnt matter if its connected to either of those or by wired connection. Intel Widi update tool says unsupported. I have i7-4710HQ processor.

Question: How do I make it use Miracast for the picture?

PS: I read in another post that the intel graphics chip provided by the processor is disabled, thats probably the problem but surely theres ways around it?

toronto699
10-17-2015, 01:21 AM
in W10 search type Project . Project to a second screen system settings will open
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-use-miracast-widi,news-19243.html

Tuluppa
10-17-2015, 01:37 AM
Tried that. It shows the TV as both media processor and projector. However the projector seems disconnected at all times and when trying to connect it connects for 1 second before disconnecting.

I have to go to sleep now its nearly 5am here, but thank you for your continued assistance. Much appreciated. Ill be back later.

Thank you

toronto699
10-17-2015, 02:06 AM
W10 is kinda messed up with Miracast not like w8.1 , I tried the process it found my blackberry phone and connected to the blackberry . but I had to first add a display in settings.. the blackberry was the display it found,, hmm. it also found my Printer as a display, my printer has an 4 inch LCD and Wifi .. crazy
explain all u have tried so far , so we can figure it out. I have my G751 display on my Blackberry , printer LCD and in on my PS3/TV