PDA

View Full Version : Overclocked at 77% tpu

denbugg
10-20-2015, 01:46 PM
[SIZE=7]ok first off ive had some probs with the rog test as posted befor,.

now ive tweaked it not the program but my system, yes I listed the parts, check it. any way it says through ASUS AI -3 that im at 77% overclock at first when I ran the rog I got over 45600 on the first few runs then when I increas my mods I get lower? Hum any Who: im wondering do I get a prize if I can show 85% overclock luls. I have no idea, im at 6700 cpu 3100 something memory. im pulling about 213 at the plug mind you peak 865 watts short spike then during testing im at no higher then 234 watts. Funny as in my first post I said that the rog test bed was bull ****. So I have taken many screen shots with that app,I will [SIZE=6]post all of them as I stepped up the mod. by the way its water cooled temp never got over 40c so yea think I have a lot of head room.

PetrolHead
10-22-2015, 01:14 AM
First off, that 77% is just a guess. Your system might not be capable of what the program considers 100%. Also, if you're
letting the program apply all changes it deems necessary while you only select some percentage of the "full" OC, then
you're more likely to run into a combination of values that has issues. If you're interested in getting the last bit of
performance out of your hardware, you should probably do the OC in the BIOS and change only one thing at a time. In
any case, your first post is once again missing some basic information such as what did you increase exactly, how
much did you increase it and what score did you get with that setup?

Btw, while your CPU temp may seem fine, you might hit a Vcore wall. The screenshot only shows 1.312V but since 1.3V
should only get you to about 4.5 GHz, your Vcore at 6+GHz should be something different. You can use CPUID's
HWMonitor to see what sort of voltages, temperatures and clock rates you're getting when running the benchmark.

denbugg
10-28-2015, 03:28 PM
First off, that 77% is just a guess. Your system might not be capable of what the program considers 100%. Also, if you're
letting the program apply all changes it deems necessary while you only select some percentage of the "full" OC, then
you're more likely to run into a combination of values that has issues. If you're interested in getting the last bit of
performance out of your hardware, you should probably do the OC in the BIOS and change only one thing at a time. In
any case, your first post is once again missing some basic information such as what did you increase exactly, how
much did you increase it and what score did you get with that setup?

Btw, while your CPU temp may seem fine, you might hit a Vcore wall. The screenshot only shows 1.312V but since 1.3V
should only get you to about 4.5 GHz, your Vcore at 6+GHz should be something different. You can use CPUID's
HWMonitor to see what sort of voltages, temperatures and clock rates you're getting when running the benchmark.
Ill try that when I get a chance, I did most of my changes in bios to but mem, was a ***** to get it to post windows. Again thaks for the info.