PDA

View Full Version : G750JX Computer Crash without BSOD when playing games?

Sintaen
10-21-2015, 08:31 PM
So for the past two weeks, my computer has been crashing when I'm playing games like LoL, CS:GO or other games. It seems that when the system crashes, the screen freezes but the sound goes on a loop where it keeps playing the last sound I heard. Then the system crashes and I can only turn the computer off by pressing down the power button. I've waited out for about 10 minutes but the sound keeps looping and screen is still frozen after this happens but I do not press the power button.

Specs:
G750JX
Nvidia Geforce GTX 770m
Memory: 8GB RAM
Intel Core i7 -4700HQ CPU

I'm not really a computer savvy person so if anyone knows how to fix this please help me!

Thanks in advance!

MaxCioco
10-22-2015, 08:17 AM
First question: are you running Windows 10?

Sintaen
10-22-2015, 10:52 PM
First question: are you running Windows 10?

Yes I'm running Windows 10

MaxCioco
10-23-2015, 08:09 AM
My first bet is that windows 10 is causing your problem. Try downloading the video driver from the asus site, turn off your wifi/internet connection and uninstall your current video driver - you need to clean install nvidia's driver. Install the one your just downloaded and then you'll probably have to restart. Turn on your laptop and reconnect it to the internet. It should work now.

Note: the video driver is one of the possible problems. So there is a chance it miiiight not work.
Try to change the driver and post what happened.

Sintaen
10-23-2015, 05:43 PM
My first bet is that windows 10 is causing your problem. Try downloading the video driver from the asus site, turn off your wifi/internet connection and uninstall your current video driver - you need to clean install nvidia's driver. Install the one your just downloaded and then you'll probably have to restart. Turn on your laptop and reconnect it to the internet. It should work now.

Note: the video driver is one of the possible problems. So there is a chance it miiiight not work.
Try to change the driver and post what happened.

Yesterday, I downloaded the new NVIDIA driver I had from Geforce Experience. So far I've had no crashes (but it's only been a day). I'll just keep this for now to see if it crashes. If it does, I'll follow your suggestion since I think you're actually right. I've searched around and apparently it can be either my memory or my graphics card. Thanks for the suggestion! Btw, just to make sure is this the link im supposed to look at? http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G750JX&p=3&s=521

It shows me a server error so I think I might be wrong ._.

Thanks a lot for the help! Really appreciate it!

MaxCioco
10-23-2015, 08:02 PM
The GTX770M is not a gpu with crash problems as GTX860M Maxwell. So I don't think it's from your card itself, but a wrong driver installed by windows (or installed in a inappropriate way?).