PDA

View Full Version : Win10 Start Menu won't work anymore?`

Furnova
10-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Hey there. I have a very strange issue with all of a sudden.
My Win10 startmenu won't work at all anymore, and I tried out every online help I could.
I run sfc /scannow, dism, the comment to re-install all windows store apps, but nothing helped.

I can't open my startmenu, neither the cortana search or the info center in the bottom right where it usually is. I can not right-click into the taskbar on open items to start them as admin or close them, I can only rightclick onto the windows logo to get the Win+X menu

System restore fails due to some error with AppXStaging
Did anyone experience this before? Can anyone help me?
I would really not want to re-install my whole OS...

Gps3dx
10-23-2015, 08:31 PM
See here (http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/has-your-windows-10-start-menu-stopped-working-here-are-four-ways-to-fix-it-11364000314532) - look under "Create a new user account":
try to create new user account then log-off and log into the new one, then delete the old account if it works.

as a last resort, you can "Refresh your PC", that links also provides explanation.

Furnova
10-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Oh wow, what the ****?
After adding a user with NET USER username password /ADD I got everything back
What the ***** is this? I deleted the profile of my mom and thought everything was fine
But apparently windows deleted something that was needed even for my profile? Because even without deleting my old profile, everything works now again!
What the hell is this?

Gps3dx
10-23-2015, 08:54 PM
What the hell is this?
LOL...the answer is 'Bugcrosoft'