PDA

View Full Version : Just got my G751JY back from RMA, and...

AQUASTEVAE
10-26-2015, 11:25 PM
this is the second time in a row i had to send it in, as they didn't do all of the work the first time. so in all of the shipping it back and forth, here are the things i made them do. i had them change both fan systems for the gpu and cpu, i had them change the ips panel because of light leakage when on black screen, i had them re-solder the leftside usb ports, just to make sure they had a good ground. finally i had them change my entire motherboard because of problems experienced.
however, they scratched up the bottom of my device, and a few scratches around the bezel. so put in a claim to have them replace those frame pieces, and after a lot of screaming and hot debate, they agreed to do it. however, i got my machine back today, and they did all of the internal work, but didn't replace the framework, even though it was approved to be done. so i am still raising hell with them about this, and i will NOT send my machine back to them until asus gives me a guarantee, and does something to make this up to me. i am so sick of pathetic customer service. any advise from those who have gone through it and come out on top is appreciated. only through my persistence did i get them to do alllllllll of the internal work, but i am not going to give in on the external stuff either. 3k for a laptop should not be going through all of this...

Clintlgm
10-27-2015, 02:37 AM
Yes the best way to insure a good experience with repair is to enlist the support of a Asus employee particularly a CL-Rep, as in cl-albert who is our current Customer Loyalty Representative. My 2nd RMA with cl- support came out exactly as I thought it would and I haven't had an issue in the last 2+ years since.

Banshee
10-30-2015, 02:52 AM
"Reprehensive?" Wow, what does he do to them to make them do the work correctly? Does it involve a car battery, battery cables, and a bucket of water?

Evil Hotdog
11-01-2015, 12:03 AM
Did you get a good screen back? I had mine sent in a few months ago, because of image retention and bleeding, got it back without the image retention but it still has some light bleeding. Was just wondering if you got a flawless screen back. Maybe I could try again then.

juzz86
11-01-2015, 12:22 AM
IPS panels bleed light on black backgrounds inherently, it's part of the technology. This occurs on 1500 dollar 30 inch panels as well, it's not something you'll totally eliminate on any panel.

VA panels generally provide the best compromise on black levels outside AMOLED, but they also sacrifice some gamut to achieve this.

AQUASTEVAE
11-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Did you get a good screen back? I had mine sent in a few months ago, because of image retention and bleeding, got it back without the image retention but it still has some light bleeding. Was just wondering if you got a flawless screen back. Maybe I could try again then.

NO. my screen still has some bleeding, but in different places from the last one. they are impossible to deal with.

hey clintlgm, how do you get a cl-rep???

toronto699
11-03-2015, 12:37 AM
Asus Rep
https://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?105838-cl-Albert
Aqua where is the Asus Service Center for Fiji? What country would it be in?

johnnelsonbasa@gmail.com
11-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Now I'm even more afraid to buy ROG laptops

Clintlgm
11-03-2015, 08:58 PM
PM cl-Albert, he handles things here I the states, and can hook you up with one in your country area etc.

Clintlgm
11-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Johnnelsonbasa, welcome to the forum. You have to remember this is support forum so you are going to see what issues can happen. If you look around you'll see there are only a few of us here that actually have issues compared to the thousands of G Notebooks sold. So chances are you like most people won't have any real issues at all. Most people that purchase never have issues so they never find this forum. That said the last few series of G Notebooks have had onboard sound issues mostly worked around and most people that want to listen to music or play games use a head set anyway. Also the left USB 3.0 Ports have had issues for a lot of people not all.
Your best bet no mater who you buy from is once you have the notebook in hand test it Test Test you looking for issues with Heat related CPU and GPU I test with Furmark GPU and Burn in test run them separately Run and bench mark programs you like or can get your hands on. If you are showing any issues all you got to do is give it back to the Vendor Most all have at least 30 day return policy. Read the sticky threads at the top of this forum there the RED ones
If your thinking of a G752 come back and report once you get one. So far no one has one so we have no idea what if any issues will arise with the generation of G notebooks
In Case you don't know all ready were just a group of users helping other users very few Asus people ever show up in here. When they do you see cl- **** for there name