PDA

View Full Version : After g751jy bios 210 update, cant boot - solved

bimmer-mb
10-30-2015, 01:16 PM
Hello. Sorry for my bad english.

I fresh installed my g751jy and after bios update form 207 to 210 i cant boot to windows. Im stuck in BIOS. Please help. In bios i can see my hdd drives but cant see them in boot setings.

vempatyappu
10-30-2015, 08:16 PM
Try changing the boot to legacy boot. I had same problem and it wouldn't boot up - just stuck at bios, probably a Windows 10 issue.

bimmer-mb
11-01-2015, 10:51 AM
OK problem solved!

1. Go to SECURITY->Security boot control-> DISABLE
2. Save changes and reboot
3. Go to BOOT->launch csm to enable -> launch PXE to enable
4. Save changes and reboot
5. Go to BOOT and choose BOOT from SSD

Gps3dx
11-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Try changing the boot to legacy boot. I had same problem and it wouldn't boot up - just stuck at bios, probably a Windows 10 issue.
partially wrong - don't blame MS in this case -> it is you that lack knowledge what "legacy bios" is vs UEFI.
Please refer to the following STICKY THREAD to read more about the differences:
Guide: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 The proper way (UEFI based installation) (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-(UEFI-based-installation))
OK problem solved!

1. Go to SECURITY->Security boot control-> DISABLE
2. Save changes and reboot
3. Go to BOOT->launch csm to enable -> launch PXE to enable
4. Save changes and reboot
5. Go to BOOT and choose BOOT from SSD

partially wrong here also,
as you don't boot your laptop from PXE server/network you don't need this feature enabled at all.
Also, you can boot the pre-installed OS with and without the "Security boot control", which is right also for any other windows installation type/version etc.
Please refer to the following STICKY THREAD to read more about CSM switch in the bios.
Guide: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 The proper way (UEFI based installation) (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-(UEFI-based-installation))

Edgars
11-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Why after update from win8.1 to win10 i cant update bios ?

Gps3dx
11-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Why after update from win8.1 to win10 i cant update bios ?
if you wish to get help, Do you care to elaborate ?
You might need to install the bios-flashing app again if you haven't does clean install of win10 ( have you just upgrade it without clean install ? )
also, you MUST run the flashing app with ADMIN privileges.