PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G75 - Laptop won't turn on, only seeing charging light.

fantaCz
10-31-2015, 10:09 PM
I have a 3 year old ASUS g75vw (Intel Core i7 3610QM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M) running on windows 7 64 bit.

After running fine for a day, I closed the lid and left it in sleep mode overnight. In the morning I popped it open to start it up and the login screen came up for about 2 seconds before I heard a click and the laptop turned off. It won't power on at all, nothing on the screen, back-lit keyboard, or fan spin.

I've tried removing battery + power and holding button for 30 seconds but no change. I also used volt meter to check power cable and its working fine so that can be ruled out. The only active light is the battery indicator which was amber and switched to green after a bit of having the battery + power cable in (battery is charging). I've tried starting with and without battery and it doesn't have any affect.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to get it working would be greatly appreciated. If I missed anything let me know and I'll get that info posted asap.

PS: While under warranty the GPU did die and was replaced by the manufacturer.