PDA

View Full Version : How to transfer g551jw Win 10 OS to my 24Gb ssd?

peanut panget
11-01-2015, 09:16 AM
guys just want to ask got my g551jw a week ago, os windows 10 i was planning to put my os in my 24g ssd, but unfortunately i dont know how to do it. thanks in advance

Edweird
11-01-2015, 11:57 AM
You can use software like Acronis's solutions to transfer the data from one drive to the other...but unfortunately, I don't think Windows will work particularly well on a 24GB drive, which is effectively even less than that. Should be at least 64 or it will constantly be starving itself for workspace.

Gps3dx
11-01-2015, 12:09 PM
guys just want to ask got my g551jw a week ago, os windows 10 i was planning to put my os in my 24g ssd, but unfortunately i dont know how to do it. thanks in advance

hello there @peanut panget,
Please note this sub-forum has sticky threads, which are found at the top of this sub-forum - part of these thread are "hot topics" for your exact issue.
Please refer to THIS GUIDE (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-(UEFI-based-installation)&p=538712&viewfull=1#post538712). if you don't really understand something there, I suggest you read the other guides, few posts just above it.
if you wish to discuss with me about this issue further more, please post a reply in that sticky thread.

Gps3dx
11-01-2015, 12:27 PM

hello there @peanut panget,
Please note this sub-forum has sticky threads, which are found at the top of this sub-forum - part of these thread are "hot topics" for your exact issue.
Please refer to THIS GUIDE (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-(UEFI-based-installation)&p=538712&viewfull=1#post538712). if you don't really understand something there, I suggest you read the other guides, few posts just above it.
if you wish to discuss with me about this issue further more, please post a reply in that sticky thread.

You can use software like Acronis's solutions to transfer the data from one drive to the other...but unfortunately, I don't think Windows will work particularly well on a 24GB drive, which is effectively even less than that. Should be at least 64 or it will constantly be starving itself for workspace.

but also, @Edweird is right: 24GB is a cache ssd, not enough free space for a full windows.
if you plan to install ubuntu or any other linux distro, or a portable windows ( i.e windows-on-the-go ) may be it is enough... but for a full windows is it NOT enough space, and it shuold be used only for the pagefile.sys , hibernation.sys etc....