PDA

View Full Version : ROG Front Base does not include USB2 header required for Firmware update!

Jagdseelen
11-02-2015, 06:35 AM
ROG Front Base does not include USB2 header required for Firmware update. I am unable to find a store that sells one here in Australia and have tried the following.

1/ Asked local computer stores if they sell one.

2/ Contacted the online reseller Scorptec that sold me the ROG Front Base.

3/ Contacted ASUS Australia about the problem

4/ searched Ebay for one

None could or would help.

Without this USB2 header I am unable to update the firmware on the ROG Front Base from firmware v40 to firmware v48 which is essential to making it functional with a ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero motherboard and rendering it as useful as a piece of glorified plastic.

After paying $110 for it including delivery. I can only think of one thing to do with it which would result in the ASUS Rep that decided what would be bundled it walking awkwardly for weeks afterwards.

Unhappy Jan!

meniac
11-02-2015, 03:32 PM
Ask for refund and don't buy ASSUS (sorry ASUS) again...DOH !!!

Jagdseelen
11-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Ask for refund and don't buy ASSUS (sorry ASUS) again...DOH !!!

I know you'd think they would at least warn you that you need it for updating the firmware in the product description.

Hardliner
11-03-2015, 09:08 AM
For what exactly are you looking?

Jagdseelen
11-05-2015, 08:57 AM
For what exactly are you looking?

USB2 Header as pictured in link below
http://www.pcper.com/image/view/45524?return=node%2F61042

RxL-Soul
11-17-2015, 12:04 PM
ROG Front Base does not include USB2 header required for Firmware update. I am unable to find a store that sells one here in Australia and have tried the following.

1/ Asked local computer stores if they sell one.

2/ Contacted the online reseller Scorptec that sold me the ROG Front Base.

3/ Contacted ASUS Australia about the problem

4/ searched Ebay for one

None could or would help.

Without this USB2 header I am unable to update the firmware on the ROG Front Base from firmware v40 to firmware v48 which is essential to making it functional with a ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero motherboard and rendering it as useful as a piece of glorified plastic.

After paying $110 for it including delivery. I can only think of one thing to do with it which would result in the ASUS Rep that decided what would be bundled it walking awkwardly for weeks afterwards.

Unhappy Jan!

Look inside your motherboard box best option since they give Q-Tips inside your box for other motherboard cables i.e for power led and so on i got 2x with my maximus vii hero 1x usb and the other one