PDA

View Full Version : BEST GRAPHIC DRIVER - NVIDIA or ASUS?! ASUS G751JY

diogogmaio
11-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Hello,

Old discussion.
Give your opinion. I still use the latest from NVIDIA but sometimes I have crashes and FPS drops. Will the windows 10 x64 ASUS driver for graphic cards solve this issue?
What is the main difference between the two?
~There is any advantage on the asus driver?

Corporal
11-02-2015, 05:28 PM
1) there is no "ASUS Driver", all drivers come from NVidia. The driver on the ASUS page is just an older version
2) Driver crashed very often after I installed Windows 10, therefore I'm back on Windows 8.1

Korth
11-02-2015, 05:36 PM
I don't use this laptop. But I would always go straight to the NVidia driver, downloaded from NVidia (http://www.nvidia.ca/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us). Maximum possible compatibility, stability, and performance. NVidia makes NVidia drivers, they will always have the latest version while whatever Asus put onto your disc will eventually become outdated.

Always go to the source, ignore all the middle-man methods which just install things in nonstandard, easily-broken, and bloated ways. Asus makes fine hardware but their software is largely unnecessary. The only thing worse than manufacturer junkware is Microsoft junkware, woe to ye who trusts Windows Update for installing the latest drivers.

The only way to answer your question is to try it out. Install the "Asus" driver, restart, play some games. You'll know within a day whether it's solved your issues, lol, and you can always reinstall the NVidia-sourced driver again.

And newer is not always better. Sometimes an older version works while a newer one introduces issues. And there shouldn't be any imperative to upgrade unless a newer version promises useful improvements - once you get it working you should make a copy of the version which works so you can always roll back if you "break" things with an update.

diogogmaio
11-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Yep. I agree. I will keep with the nviddia driver up to date.
My only gaming problem is BF4...the game keeps crashing from time to time and i don't know why...even with or without overclocking.

When I overclock the problem is different...the game crashes and the device hang up error appears...
Any solution to that?

bululu
11-30-2015, 12:18 AM
I would check temperatures during gameplay

r_k_y
11-30-2015, 10:42 AM
mine was fine, currently using nvidia driver ver. 359 and windows 10 x64.
There are no difference between asus and nvidia driver, because both of it will still asked you to update to newest version.
Make sure always choose clean install option when updating new nvidia driver.