PDA

View Full Version : Asus G751JL burning smell

Karl 0
11-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Hey guys, so yesterday i was working with my laptop and suddenly i noticed burning plastic smell. I freaked out and swiched of my laptop. When i wanted to turn it on again, i press the button but the screen is black, i moved a bit my lid and then it was fine. So this morning when i opened my lid and my screen is not working, all sounds is OK keyboard is fine as well. But i had to move a lid to fix a screen. Even the red writing doesnt work on the other side of my lid when screen is black.

I want to ask what is wrong? Something burned or what????

Thank you for your replys and sorry for bad english :)

vore01
11-03-2015, 02:04 PM
Yikes...that ain't good...............call asus asap. Is it new? Did you google this to see if this is a common problem?

Karl 0
11-03-2015, 02:16 PM
well i could not find anything similar to this...
i bought this laptop like 2 month ago only, and the problem is im studying abroad till new year, i cant give it to asus i need to work with it. im just asking maybe there is a solution, im not dum i know how to dissasemble a laptop, maybe anyone know a fast fix or i need to change the screen cable or something.

Karl 0
11-03-2015, 02:21 PM
Yikes...that ain't good...............call asus asap. Is it new? Did you google this to see if this is a common problem?

i bought this laptop like 2 month ago only, and the problem is im studying abroad till new year, i cant give it to asus i need to work with it. im just asking maybe there is a solution, im not dum i know how to dissasemble a laptop, maybe anyone know a fast fix or i need to change the screen cable or something.

sorry for spamming :D im new here

vore01
11-03-2015, 02:54 PM

sorry for spamming :D im new here

best advice I can give is....if my laptop smelled like burning plastic...I would turn it off and send it to Asus. Get a smaller/cheaper laptop to use in the mean time. I would also contact Asus customer service let them know whats going on and perhaps if you get the right agent they may furnish you with a temporary replacement.

If the laptop smells like there's something burning when you turn it on ...I would not turn it on dude. Might be a problem that's way over your head

Karl 0
11-03-2015, 02:58 PM
best advice I can give is....if my laptop smelled like burning plastic...I would turn it off and send it to Asus. Get a smaller/cheaper laptop to use in the mean time. I would also contact Asus customer service let them know whats going on and perhaps if you get the right agent they may furnish you with a temporary replacement.

If the laptop smells like there's something burning when you turn it on ...I would not turn it on dude. Might be a problem that's way over your head

i mean it smelled for that moment, not its fine but screen is totally black when i move lid.

vore01
11-03-2015, 03:56 PM
i mean it smelled for that moment, not its fine but screen is totally black when i move lid.

so it's not working then...send it to Asus or if you have a local repair shop near you drop in and ask for advice. If the screen is black and you can't use it, what choice do you have?

Karl 0
11-03-2015, 04:07 PM
so it's not working then...send it to Asus or if you have a local repair shop near you drop in and ask for advice. If the screen is black and you can't use it, what choice do you have?

well if i move a screen a bit then it turns on until i move it again... Its annoying coz in the morning i had to move it for like 5 minutes to get it working... I think its a cable or something. Any thoughts how to fix that on my own??

vore01
11-04-2015, 03:18 PM
well if i move a screen a bit then it turns on until i move it again... Its annoying coz in the morning i had to move it for like 5 minutes to get it working... I think its a cable or something. Any thoughts how to fix that on my own??

you're joking right?

Karl 0
11-04-2015, 04:56 PM
you're joking right?

what do you mean im joaking? xD im totaly serious :)

vore01
11-04-2015, 08:50 PM
what do you mean im joaking? xD im totaly serious :)

dude i know where the on/off button is on my computer and that's only after reading the instructions

I and I doubt anyone else in here can give you computer repair advice other than to tell you to bring it to someone who can help you

bululu
11-29-2015, 11:55 PM
Last post is 3 weeks ago...
Did you disassemble your notebook in the meanwhile?
If something smells burned, i bet you could find some smokespots in the computer, unless its inside the display (you wrote about display issues).

If you are lucky its "only" the cable of the screen, that might not inserted 100% correctly and is getting hot.
So if you do not have warranty anymore when you come back, and you cant give it to asus, why not open it and check?

regards,
Bululu

cuniac
11-30-2015, 12:05 AM
It could be a loose cable, however its impossible to tell from where I sit. The fact that you have to move the lid a few times sounds like something may be loose. However, if there is burning plastic smell it could be loose in a way that it is shorting. Any further use could cause more damage. You can try to open it but if you don't see anything close it and call ASUS.