PDA

View Full Version : Asus ROG G752VY-RH71 wont ship till MID NOVEMBER ?

vore01
11-03-2015, 02:01 PM
checked with GENTECH PC the G752VY-RH71 laptops wont ship till mid November sometime jeez that's a hell of a wait

Mr.Smitty
11-03-2015, 08:12 PM
What about the G752VY-DH72? Are they going to available a little bit earlier?

johnnelsonbasa@gmail.com
11-03-2015, 08:15 PM
I think that config might be cancelled because it does not appear at the asus website as "coming soon" that was a good deal having skylake,ddr4, 980m and brand new features for just $2k

johnnelsonbasa@gmail.com
11-03-2015, 08:30 PM
They are releasing new batches of g751 with black vents jy/jl/jt and the jy is only $1729 in stock in November 10. What do you think guys

toronto699
11-03-2015, 08:45 PM
still coming soon G751-VY-DH72
http://store.asus.com/us/category/A38824?sort=uitox_price&asc=0&page=1

Edweird
11-03-2015, 09:26 PM
They are releasing new batches of g751 with black vents jy/jl/jt and the jy is only $1729 in stock in November 10. What do you think guys

Source?

johnnelsonbasa@gmail.com
11-03-2015, 09:55 PM
asus website, amazon, XoticPC

johnnelsonbasa@gmail.com
11-03-2015, 10:22 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/03/8d8819d8b4c3720aba6a8e39576baf49.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/03/8941fbe1e9f08314db849f6983de7e33.jpg

fiido
11-03-2015, 11:21 PM
My guess is end of November.

752VT = now
752VL = mid November (states on the ASUS/Newegg page as 11th,14th)
752VY = end of November (states on the ASUS page as Coming soon)

I guess production's ramping up slower than they thought.
Since it does not have an ETA, it's unlikely near mid-Nov.

I preordered this model from Xotic PC. All they can quote is November.

vore01
11-04-2015, 08:28 PM
I called Asus on this
The rep did not know when they will be shipped. He did say only certain retailers will get the Asus G752VY-RH71. i asked which retailers but he said he didn't have the list.

Somethings going on with this model... so I asked him if asus has put a limited production on that model so people would have to buy the more expensive one. He then asked if a supervisor could get back to me. I left my name and number. It's been 4 hours now, I haven't got a phone call back from them

Best Buy in Canada is selling the higher end model for 3000.00 CD but they put in a smaller ssd drive. same model number smaller ssd drive...is that legal?
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/asus-asus-rog-g752-17-3-gaming-laptop-copper-silver-intel-core-i7-6700hq-1tb-hdd-128gb-ssd-32gb-ram-eng-g752vy-dh72/10399520.aspx

Shenanigans will prevail with this new model introduction

As soon as I hear back from an Asus rep..I'll post in here

johnnelsonbasa@gmail.com
11-04-2015, 11:27 PM
Yep its way cheaper at $1999, the next variant is priced at $2600 that just has more ram and ssd capacity(which some people will not need) Rog g752 is waay too flashy for my taste thats why I got the stealth g751 with 980m

toronto699
11-05-2015, 02:14 AM
I called Asus on this
The rep did not know when they will be shipped. He did say only certain retailers will get the Asus G752VY-RH71. i asked which retailers but he said he didn't have the list.

Somethings going on with this model... so I asked him if asus has put a limited production on that model so people would have to buy the more expensive one. He then asked if a supervisor could get back to me. I left my name and number. It's been 4 hours now, I haven't got a phone call back from them

Best Buy in Canada is selling the higher end model for 3000.00 CD but they put in a smaller ssd drive. same model number smaller ssd drive...is that legal?
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/asus-asus-rog-g752-17-3-gaming-laptop-copper-silver-intel-core-i7-6700hq-1tb-hdd-128gb-ssd-32gb-ram-eng-g752vy-dh72/10399520.aspx

WOW what a Rip Off , Asus accepts this behavior from their resellers , Says A lot About Asus not only Best Buy Both are ripping Canadians off Asus this is shamefull

Bate And Switch
If this Proves To Be True ASUS U Lost Me

cl-Albert
11-05-2015, 05:31 PM
I called Asus on this

WOW what a Rip Off , Asus accepts this behavior from their resellers , Says A lot About Asus not only Best Buy Both are ripping Canadians off Asus this is shamefull

Bate And Switch
If this Proves To Be True ASUS U Lost Me

I'm with ASUS support and usually try to stay away from sales stuff whenever possible, but just wanted to try to clear this up as best I can.

Hope I'm understanding your concerns correctly, but if you didn't already know, ASUS will sell notebook models like the G752VY with different configurations and prices which will be designated by a 'full' model name like G752VY-xxxx (where 'xxxx' can be different combinations of letters and numbers) or G752VY-RH71 in this case which would be different from the G752VY-DH78K sold at the ASUS Store website link below.

So...if you plan to purchase an ASUS notebook, you want to be careful to check of specify the full model name to know exactly what you are getting.
Otherwise, you can't be sure of the price and configuration if only the 'general' G752VY model is specified.

Hope this makes more sense and feel free to discuss if you have more questions regarding this. Thanks.

Korth
11-05-2015, 06:04 PM
To be fair, Asus is a worldwide corporation and depends on regional mini-Asus corporations to actually conduct business in each country.

Their manufacturing base and supply chain is in Taiwan and mainland China, their primary markets for enthusiast ROG gear seem to be North America (mostly USA) and Europe (mostly Germany) and India. Those of us in Canada and the UK are always given leftovers. Those of us in the rest of the world get leftover leftovers (except perhaps proximate countries in Asia).

But the Asus websites are awfully inconsistent. Each region seems to update its product advertising and availability independently, based on the best information the Asus mothership gives them. But they're obviously not coordinating with Asus logistics and Asus manufacturing. Asus loves to announce new gizmos and innovations at conventions, but actual product launches rarely meet schedules and product advertising occurs weeks or months before or after the fact.

Can't really blame Asus for Best Buy or NCIX for ripping off Canadians who want to buy Asus products. Best Buy and NCIX rip off Canadians who want to buy *any* products. And there's really not a lot of other techy store chains of this sort in Canada, and Asus clearly doesn't have enough presence in Canada to aggressively trickle down to smaller distributors.

But this is the main reason I don't buy things like Asus laptops. I don't want to deal with shipping and tech support three nations away. I want to be able to pick from items off the shelf. And I want to be able to take it back to the store to be serviced the same day when something happens to be flawed or broken.

toronto699
11-05-2015, 07:14 PM
CL-Albert thanks for your Reply. I have a non working G751-JY-DH72X , i could not buy this model in Canada i had to buy from USA reseller at a not so modest cost at the time. No Reseller here in Toronto could even get the DH72X directly from Asus. I even went to the Asus Service Centre here in TO beautiful costumer lounge nice new latest Shiny Products from Asus on Display. But could i buy some of those displayed Products NO, or Order them Form the Bright Classy Service Centre NO. Service Centre said find Reseller. Then an even better G751 came months after. So ill Assume the Same will happen with the G752 top end Units. I do not mind paying the cost of the best Asus has to offer . But Rarely Does Canada get the opportunity. Thanks . ill rant some more another day.. I'm disappointed
I totally Agree With Korth its all very true

vore01
11-05-2015, 10:35 PM
I'm with ASUS support and usually try to stay away from sales stuff whenever possible, but just wanted to try to clear this up as best I can.

Hope I'm understanding your concerns correctly, but if you didn't already know, ASUS will sell notebook models like the G752VY with different configurations and prices which will be designated by a 'full' model name like G752VY-xxxx (where 'xxxx' can be different combinations of letters and numbers) or G752VY-RH71 in this case which would be different from the G752VY-DH78K sold at the ASUS Store website link below.

So...if you plan to purchase an ASUS notebook, you want to be careful to check of specify the full model name to know exactly what you are getting.
Otherwise, you can't be sure of the price and configuration if only the 'general' G752VY model is specified.

Hope this makes more sense and feel free to discuss if you have more questions regarding this. Thanks.

Back in September/October the Asus site had the G752VY-RH71 listed on their web page. I bookmarked it and went to it a few times to look again at the specs. About 2-3 weeks ago the page turned into a "Sorry This Page Has Been Removed" notification. The original specifications for the Asus G752VY-RH71 can't be found anymore on the Asus site. It now reads "No Related Items Were Found" if you try a search. Hey, try it yourself.
http://store.asus.com/us/errors?e=1003 My original bookmark

The only place I can find the Asus G752VY-RH71 is on Gentech PC (I pre-ordered the machine from them for $1999.00 on October 26th) and Xotic and I believe a few others but NOT ON THE ASUS SITE! Why is this? And Asus never returned my call
My customer service number is N151 108 XXX. I left the last 3 numbers out. If you want the full number for verification of my phone call to Asus email me. Not only did the Asus rep not know anything, but after 30 minutes on the phone with him I learned absolutely nothing about ship dates or model availability.

On the Asus site, the only model number that has a $1999.00 price to it is the ASUS ROG G752VT-DH74 variant. 970M graphics card with the 256SSD drive and the 24G memory.
Why isn't the model number Asus G752VY-RH71 the one I pre-ordered, shown anymore on the Asus site?

last questions...the model number defines the machines specification right? Is there a different model number for different countries?

shenanigans I tell ya...it's shenanigans...yep yep

Korth
11-05-2015, 10:44 PM
lol Asus is the ODM and the OEM, they stick their part numbers and SKUs on everything they sell. I doubt anyone in Asus ever knows what all the model designations actually mean or when and where which models are available internationally.

Clintlgm
11-06-2015, 03:13 AM
Yes however its well known that Best Buy and other large retailer order from ASUS there particular store versions, usually meaning less RAM and smaller or no SSD smaller and slower hard drives. Before the G751 cheaper screens that way they advertise and sell G Notebooks cheaper than other sellers. Most people don't know this and only find out once they land here in these forums. I mean Asus post all these great configuration and people just think there all the same not having any idea. With the G75VW we all thought we were getting Thunderbolt only to find out that wasn't so. I don't think any VW got TB the VX did get it some of them so we learned here to look for the TB logo if you had the logo you had TB if not you only had mini display port. This is not going to change its all about selling notebooks.

cl-Albert
11-07-2015, 03:07 AM
last questions...the model number defines the machines specification right? Is there a different model number for different countries?

Other countries may also sell the G752VY model, but yes the full G752VY-xxxx model names to specify the exact configuration will normally be different for different regions at least if not different countries.

I haven't checked how often U.S. and Canadian models will share/sell the same full model names (guessing it may be very rare or never happens), but they will definitely sell different full model names as it's been mentioned in this thread.

AQUASTEVAE
11-07-2015, 05:44 AM

i think the copper colored vents on this machine is one of the biggest reasons i bought it. to take that aways would ruin it for me. don't get me wrong, i love a lot of the hardware that is in this device, but i could have gotten all of it and more on an msi. but this machine just looked awesome with those vents. and i love the silent cooling on the asus.

as for the model numbers, yes. i remember having to be very careful which exact model i was buying, and specifying several things to my retailer. i ended up getting exactly what i wanted, but it was a tense situation for a while, as it can be very confusing, especially with the pcie drive. many were selling the m.2 sata drives in the pcie slot, not full pcie drives. i went round and round with many of them about that.
asus is a **** company. they have no customer service at all. they are only interested in making as many sells as possible, and when the sale is over, so to is your consideration from them.

Clintlgm
11-07-2015, 08:19 PM
Yes also vendors have there own models Best Buy, Tiger Direct etc. all have their own G752VY **** you really have to look deeply into each one you consider buying for the exact specification.

vore01
11-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Yes also vendors have there own models Best Buy, Tiger Direct etc. all have their own G752VY **** you really have to look deeply into each one you consider buying for the exact specification.

So the Asus G752VY-RH71 nVidia GTX980M 4GB G-Sync 6th Gen Skylake that is available is the US is different from the one in Canada or Europe?

The VY-RH71 destination indicates the build. The 752 designation is the model. The G designation is the series.

The VY-RH71 HAS the 980M card, chipset The RH71 indicates the drives, memory and other build additions for that model

If different countries are changing the Asus specification numbers there will be so much confusion out there it will be impossible to tell the laptops apart and what it is you're actually paying for

toronto699
11-08-2015, 01:44 AM
vore01 u will get what u ordered with all the hardware u expect from Gentech.
The only way to know what u are paying is a confirmed list of all the hardware

here is a list list of some Canadian g752 , most complete list I could find
http://cipc.com/catalogsearch/result/index/q/g752/
Note The last SKU # French/English keyboard may mean a unit in french

best buy ca , tigerdirect.ca ncix.ca have more or less the same
I called Asus Service Centre In Toronto I can order a G752 from them , I have .THe Service center could order exactly whats on the ShopAsus page
G752-DHK78-CAXXX PN:90NB09V-MO1780 UPC:88934900784 SN:XXXXXXXXXCA

AQUASTEVAE
11-08-2015, 03:06 AM
yeah, i bought my g751jy from gentechpc.com. they did a good, job and stayed with me afterwards for questions and help. ask for ken.

Clintlgm
11-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Just so you understand here is Best Buy G751JL-BBI7T29, you will find there G752 when available with similar BB ext numbers, many other major vendors have there own model number extensions. These are assembled by Asus as per these Vendors requirements. No mater where you buy you need to insure exactly what you will be getting, if they don't or can't specify the exact hardware specifications, there is probably a reason for that! Beware

cl-Albert
11-09-2015, 10:48 PM
If different countries are changing the Asus specification numbers there will be so much confusion out there it will be impossible to tell the laptops apart and what it is you're actually paying for

Sorry if we are beating this issue into the ground, but for those that are still interested, assume the full G752VY-xxxx model names should be different from country to country or region to region to avoid the problem you just mentioned and guessing they probably have different naming schemes as well.
Honestly, haven't checked this carefully though for all the units sold worldwide.

For North America at least expecting that U.S. and Canadian ASUS sales are coordinating to make sure they don't use the same model names when they shouldn't be.

Anyway, it's always a good idea to double-check the specifications from store you will purchase from to make sure you are getting what you expect. Thanks!

vore01
11-12-2015, 03:47 AM
checked with GENTECH PC the G752VY-RH71 laptops wont ship till mid November sometime jeez that's a hell of a wait

UPDATE: I spoke with Ken of Gentech PC yesterday (the 10th) he informed me that it might be the end of November before the G752 VY come in. More waiting!

Tidbits
11-12-2015, 09:43 PM
XoticPC told me they said most of their units they are getting on the 16th. Honestly though if on the 16th my status doesn't change I am going to cancel my order and might as well wait for them to hit the stores. This was an impulse purchase after all.

vore01
11-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Sorry if we are beating this issue into the ground, but for those that are still interested, assume the full G752VY-xxxx model names should be different from country to country or region to region to avoid the problem you just mentioned and guessing they probably have different naming schemes as well.
Honestly, haven't checked this carefully though for all the units sold worldwide.

For North America at least expecting that U.S. and Canadian ASUS sales are coordinating to make sure they don't use the same model names when they shouldn't be.

Anyway, it's always a good idea to double-check the specifications from store you will purchase from to make sure you are getting what you expect. Thanks!

OK I think I get it now....I found this build G752VY-T7049T. Very odd. It has a Core i7 6820HK - Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition - 32 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD. Estimated delivery mid January 2016 "Gibraltar" and a store in Ireland has the same build selling for 3118.05.... ($3357.00 USD)