PDA

View Full Version : My G752VT is on its way what can i expect?

Saint G74
11-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Yesterday i got info that my G752VT is on its way to me right now. What can i expect from my G74S. I could have choosen the higer model but i really think it is way to much money (580USD) for a few better fps in 3d gaming. The VT model what i heard has a longer live due to the heat!

What do you guys think?

Edweird
11-06-2015, 11:29 AM
With every new generation, improvements are made, but they are relative to their own timeline.
What this means is, you're asking if the G752VT is as good now as your G74S was good back when you bought it.

Subjectively, there should be no reason that this new acquisition shouldn't be better on all accounts than your previous one. :)

The G74S, if I recall correctly, had a 560M, yes? So then, objectively, a *70M should be better for the job.

The heat is ... arguable. I ran my old N61 hitting over 80 consistently over 4 years and it still works, so...I doubt that's anything to worry about.
I would have personally gone for the 980M model, maybe waited a bit for a good price, cause the next gen of cards will probably come up soon and 980M has been out for over an year. I read there's a $2000 980M model coming out soon.

Either way, there's tons of new tech in the machine other than just better and newer hardware - G-SYNC, for example, wasn't available as a technology on your old one and neither were 2.5GB/s M.2 SSD drives. :) Those are objective advantages.

So ... there should be no reason to be unhappy with the G752 - it has a nice mix of looks and materials from the past 2 generations, optimised cooling and better performance, a great screen, G-SYNC, supposedly improved audio...have fun with it and if you can find the time, send us some photos and your observations.

Clintlgm
11-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Yes the race in on for the first G752 owners to post the first post on these.

vore01
11-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Yesterday i got info that my G752VT is on its way to me right now. What can i expect from my G74S. I could have choosen the higer model but i really think it is way to much money (580USD) for a few better fps in 3d gaming. The VT model what i heard has a longer live due to the heat!

What do you guys think?

Agree with everything Edwierd said plus ...don't worry about heat as much. Asus g series notebooks have great cooling and I usually notch down the framerate anyway. Good games are so immersive I don't worry about seeing every blade of grass or flowing hair as I'm shooting something or blowing something up.

If ultra settings are playable on the machine notch it down to med or high settings and you'll double the life of the laptop. If your an avid gamer get a cooling pad if your concerned to much about the heat.

congrats BTW on your new machine...Have fun with it.

Also notebookcheck has reviews of the various m graphics cards...check out their site.

Saint G74
11-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Thx all for all feedback that you give me, im sure i will be happy when the VT model arrive next week. When i bought my G74S it just took one month till the G75 model came so i felt a bit strange about that. Still my G74s have 3D Vision and that make my new question. Is it possible to play with 3D Vision glasses on the G752 model i guess not, but if i connect a PG278Q i would be abel to do it?

I will take some pictures on the laptop for sure and show it here!

Best regards!

Vlada011
11-07-2015, 01:05 AM
For notebook is only important to choose best possible processor and graphic card.
RAM, SSD, HDD everything could install later IF YOU REALLY NEED. But Processor should be best possible i7 and GTX980M.
Because GTX970M is like GTX960 or lower and if you want something similar as GTX780/GTX970 you need to go on GTX980M.

ASUS make amazing gaming laptops... special these new series. G751 is excellent as well but my favorite G752VY.
Like I sad better if people concentrate on CPU and GPU only if they want to save money and later some service to install them 1 or 2
SSD. They could choose and model than and size.
ROG GX700 is probably best gaming laptop on the world but it's overkill somehow.

Leo Epitav
11-07-2015, 10:50 AM
The Best you Will Expect

Eye popping color quality with Fantastic Brightness and fantastic keyboard and High FrameRate and Fantastic Viewing Angle and play Almost Every game in Ultra Setting With 45-60 Framerate per second.

I have ASUS ROG JT. I am not missing much. Will Probably Upgrade after 3 Years maybe Even a little more.

Its a perfect desktop replacement.
Haven't used my Desktop since I bought it.

You may overclock it to match gtx980m's framerate (I did it my self using Vbios but yours Suports Overclocking with liquid cooling any way so it shouldsn't be a problem for you).

Enjoy your purchase.

MoDow
11-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Hey, anyone know where I can buy the G752 in the UK? or pre-order it?

badhand386
11-08-2015, 02:46 AM
I have had my G752VT for a couple days now. Its a nice laptop, just don't expect G-Sync to work out of the box. I don't know what they did but for some reason the two models I got my hands on, and a different user on these forums, have been unable to get G-Sync to work. I am pretty confident ASUS will fix this issue once more concerns for this issue start rolling in.

Saint G74
11-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Hello!

I got my G752VT not and here is what i can say so far.... (this is my thoughts)

The first thing i notice was the look of it in pictures it looks way more light in color. The metallic look like purple to me it was a big suprice to me in a good way. I was very affraid that i would not like the metallic becouse black is my color in almost everything! i was close to order a G751 instead when i had ordred this one but im not disapointed at all!

The second is that this model is rather slim comperessing to my G74S in my hands.

Backside om the screen have this red/orange lightning and ROG logo and that is a cool tweak that is just as cool it can get!

The keyboard is way better in every aspekt..it feels better have better lightning so you are abel to see all keys, i think it fits my small hands really good i assume it can fell otherwise with bigger hands.

The screen have a better picture than my G74 mutch better and i also like the screen of my old one to. The G-syncs is detected so i have it on and gaming on this matchine is awesome compare to my old one.

It is a lot quieter i have them in from of me and i cant hear my G752 maybe just a little so that is good also.

The G752 is easy to handle and use right from the beginning and i must say i do not regret that i order this G752 instead of a G751 whit same specs even if i could have saved a few dollars!

Thats all for now!

badhand386
11-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Hello!

I got my G752VT not and here is what i can say so far.... (this is my thoughts)

The first thing i notice was the look of it in pictures it looks way more light in color. The metallic look like purple to me it was a big suprice to me in a good way. I was very affraid that i would not like the metallic becouse black is my color in almost everything! i was close to order a G751 instead when i had ordred this one but im not disapointed at all!

The second is that this model is rather slim comperessing to my G74S in my hands.

Backside om the screen have this red/orange lightning and ROG logo and that is a cool tweak that is just as cool it can get!

The keyboard is way better in every aspekt..it feels better have better lightning so you are abel to see all keys, i think it fits my small hands really good i assume it can fell otherwise with bigger hands.

The screen have a better picture than my G74 mutch better and i also like the screen of my old one to. The G-syncs is detected so i have it on and gaming on this matchine is awesome compare to my old one.

It is a lot quieter i have them in from of me and i cant hear my G752 maybe just a little so that is good also.

The G752 is easy to handle and use right from the beginning and i must say i do not regret that i order this G752 instead of a G751 whit same specs even if i could have saved a few dollars!

Thats all for now!

Which variation of the g752vt do you have?

Saint G74
11-11-2015, 08:16 AM
My model is G752VT-GC037T

I recommend to uppgrade the g-card driver i found it was nessesary!

Best regards!

travo5200
11-29-2015, 11:57 PM
You can expect the M.2 drive to not function properly.