PDA

View Full Version : Screen Flickering When i move the monitor?

SpirituZ
11-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Hello,

I have a doubt about the monitor, it starts to flick while i move it up or down.

Is that normal or i should send it to Asus and check ?.. Is worth mentioning that i recently sent my laptop to repair and i got a certification that everything was okay.

Heres a video of what i am saying.

https://youtu.be/5J7NNphWWOY

Hopefully you guys can help me . i will upload a video on youtube to see if you can help me :)

Thank you in advance

SpirituZ
11-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Solution : Sent to Asus to fix it, i will let you know when it's done. :)

Darnassus
11-11-2015, 10:44 AM
Yeah, sorry to tell you, you've got the dreaded curse of all Laptop users of what I like to call 'The Ruined Ribbon'.. :c

Basically, you have a ribbon that connects to the back of the screen, which then goes down behind the 'ASUS' logo and changes from a ribbon to a cable. This cable can be seen coming out of the screen hinge, going into the heat-sink / speaker box on the right side of the laptop (the left side is your wireless antenna) and connects to the motherboard.. and as you frequently open and close your lid, this cable can wear out and break in certain places.

The cable is pinned down by a piece of metal, which I personally did not like.. so I undid it and let my cable move freely to have it last longer. Perhaps you can do the same. It's a simple procedure to do.. just take the screws out from under the battery and the far corners of the laptop, then lift the sink / speaker box up and you'll see the clips holding the cables down.