PDA

View Full Version : G752 with no G-Sync, solved?

badhand386
11-10-2015, 01:27 AM
I purchased a g752 on the 5th and have been unable to get g-sync to work on the laptop. According to various reviewers and press releases all variations of the g752 model were said to have gsync support. I am discovering that unfortunately some variations may not actually have it. I have the G752VT-RH71 which may not have it after all? Strange considering the g752vt product page on Asus site says it does. I have been in contact with a few other users who also have had or witnessed this issue.

UPDATE:
After exchanging the laptop with another of the exact same model, my issue is now fixed. G752VT-RH71 officially supports G-sync

UPDATE 12/18/2015:
User Squeelz1234 has found that enabling optimized defaults in bios has enabled G-sync on multiple users laptops. Attempt this first before exchanging, there may be no need to do so anymore.

beststevie
11-10-2015, 10:11 AM
After I gave back the G751JT I ordered an ACER G9-791-75PV. Even they placed a gsync sticker at their advertisement, it's only valid for the external monitor. So it's not only an Asus thing!

cheers

steve

badhand386
11-10-2015, 10:24 AM
That would be valid if every review didn't mention the g-sync display.

escha
11-10-2015, 01:04 PM
hmm that's interesting, maybe that's their way to support users and push nvidia to provide g-sync drivers without gpu id restrictions...
Or it is simply some newest driver's issue.

check your hardware identification on graphic card properties, should be one of these (for 970m and 980m)
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1617&SUBSYS_22DA1043
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1618&SUBSYS_22DA1043

Do you have Optimus tech on this unit?
What is your screen panel?

badhand386
11-10-2015, 01:06 PM
hmm that's interesting, maybe that's their way to support users and push nvidia to provide g-sync drivers without gpu id restrictions...
Or it is simply some newest driver's issue.

check your hardware identification on graphic card properties, should be one of these (for 970m and 980m)
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1617&SUBSYS_22DA1043
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1618&SUBSYS_22DA1043

Do you have Optimus tech on this unit?
What is your screen panel?

I'll check for that when I get home from work. It is not am Optimus issue. And the panel is manufactured by LG, but I can't find anything on the model.

Clintlgm
11-10-2015, 10:19 PM
What does Asus support have to say about this?

badhand386
11-10-2015, 10:56 PM
What does Asus support have to say about this?

I am getting mixed responses. Telephone support says every model is supposed to support it, email response told me to plug in an external monitor in broken English. I am waiting for a final answer.

Tidbits
11-11-2015, 12:01 AM
All their advertising points to all of them having it including the 960M models. Would be asinine to have any version of the top model not to have it when base models have it.

badhand386
11-11-2015, 12:06 AM
All their advertising points to all of them having it including the 960M models. Would be asinine to have any version of the top model not to have it when base models have it.

My thoughts exactly.

Clintlgm
11-11-2015, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't let the return to vendor time elapse, if tech support can't come up with an answer I would return it for replacement or refund also you might PM cl-albert he may have information on this issue he is our C customer L loyalty rep and is an Asus Employee. Again I wouldn't let the return to vendor time elapse.

badhand386
11-11-2015, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't let the return to vendor time elapse, if tech support can't come up with an answer I would return it for replacement or refund also you might PM cl-albert he may have information on this issue he is our C customer L loyalty rep and is an Asus Employee. Again I wouldn't let the return to vendor time elapse.

I have no intention of getting stuck with it and cl-albert is working hard on the issue for me behind the scenes.

badhand386
11-12-2015, 04:40 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/12/fe874b94deb86e25ca25f5477db02365.jpg. As of today my g-sync works. All I had to do was exchange the laptop for the same exact model. Guess I received a Dud?

warryabel
11-12-2015, 04:50 PM
rma with exchange in one day? what happend behind the "scene"?

Clintlgm
11-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Good new, and great we sorted it out before you return to vendor time ended.

badhand386
11-12-2015, 05:20 PM
rma with exchange in one day? what happend behind the "scene"?

I bought mine in store. So it was exchanged in store. That's how I had such a rapid turnaround.

escha
11-12-2015, 07:23 PM
hmm still interesting that exact same model didn't have the g-sync.... guess the asus forgot to load the nvidia's cookie inside the bios :P

badhand386
11-12-2015, 10:53 PM
hmm still interesting that exact same model didn't have the g-sync.... guess the asus forgot to load the nvidia's cookie inside the bios :P

It had to be something ridiculous like that. Everything else matches up right down to model numbers of individual components

Clintlgm
11-12-2015, 11:08 PM
yes there are on all factory manufactured products, a small percentage of defects. the first one he had, was defective the replacement is not defective its as simple as that.

badhand386
11-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Couldn't agree more. All of the correct hardware was there. Everything else hardware wise was performing as expected with the exception of gsync. I don't imagine checking for gsync was part of the great quality testing that they have. It's honestly a minor detail in the big picture, it's also an 'easy' fix if you check for it immediately. If it doesnt work, exchange it and your problem is solved. I got mine the day before they officially released, all brand new fabrications have minor issues. I don't imagine there will be too much more activity in this thread.

vore01
11-14-2015, 01:01 PM
I purchased a g752 on the 5th and have been unable to get g-sync to work on the laptop. According to various reviewers and press releases all variations of the g752 model were said to have gsync support. I am discovering that unfortunately some variations may not actually have it. I have the G752VT-RH71 which may not have it after all? Strange considering the g752vt product page on Asus site says it does. I have been in contact with a few other users who also have had or witnessed this issue.

UPDATE:
After exchanging the laptop with another of the exact same model, my issue is now fixed. G752VT-RH71 officially supports G-sync

After reading all the posts I asked about the G Sync issue from my supplier and this is what he said and I quote
"The G-Sync on interactive with nVidia Drivers games only."

So only games with nVidia drivers are G Sync capable? That good to know, I wasn't aware of it.

badhand386
11-14-2015, 01:42 PM
After reading all the posts I asked about the G Sync issue from my supplier and this is what he said and I quote
"The G-Sync on interactive with nVidia Drivers games only."

So only games with nVidia drivers are G Sync capable? That good to know, I wasn't aware of it.

G-sync overrides v-sync. Once you enable it, it takes care of the rest regardless of what game or application makes use of it. I believe the only requirements aside from g-sync capable graphics card and g-sync capable monitor is a framerate above 30fps.

Clintlgm
11-14-2015, 04:49 PM
Interesting observation, now we need to verify this is a true statement?

The Solution: NVIDIA G-SYNC

Enter NVIDIA G-SYNC, which eliminates screen tearing, while minimizing input lag, and stutter. G-SYNC achieves this revolutionary feat, by synchronizing the display to the output of the GPU, rather than the GPU to the display, resulting in a tear-free, faster, smoother experience that redefines gaming.

Industry luminaries John Carmack, Tim Sweeney, Johan Andersson and Mark Rein have been bowled over by NVIDIA G-SYNC’s game-enhancing technology. Pro eSports players and pro-gaming leagues are lining up to use NVIDIA G-SYNC, which will expose a player’s true skill, demanding even greater reflexes thanks to the unnoticeable delay between on-screen actions and keyboard commands. And in-house, our diehard gamers have been dominating lunchtime LAN matches, surreptitiously using G-SYNC monitors and laptops to gain the upper hand.

If, like eSports pros, you want the clearest, smoothest and most responsive gaming experience possible, NVIDIA G-SYNC monitors and laptops are game-changers, the likes of which cannot be found anywhere else. A true innovation in an era of iteration, NVIDIA G-SYNC will redefine the way you view games.

I don't see any mention of Games capable of using G-Sync just graphic card?

Also a quick google can find no mention of G-sync capable games? Only G-sync Capable Graphic Cards

badhand386
11-14-2015, 04:58 PM
Interesting observation, now we need to verify this is a true statement?

The Solution: NVIDIA G-SYNC

Enter NVIDIA G-SYNC, which eliminates screen tearing, while minimizing input lag, and stutter. G-SYNC achieves this revolutionary feat, by synchronizing the display to the output of the GPU, rather than the GPU to the display, resulting in a tear-free, faster, smoother experience that redefines gaming.

Industry luminaries John Carmack, Tim Sweeney, Johan Andersson and Mark Rein have been bowled over by NVIDIA G-SYNC’s game-enhancing technology. Pro eSports players and pro-gaming leagues are lining up to use NVIDIA G-SYNC, which will expose a player’s true skill, demanding even greater reflexes thanks to the unnoticeable delay between on-screen actions and keyboard commands. And in-house, our diehard gamers have been dominating lunchtime LAN matches, surreptitiously using G-SYNC monitors and laptops to gain the upper hand.

If, like eSports pros, you want the clearest, smoothest and most responsive gaming experience possible, NVIDIA G-SYNC monitors and laptops are game-changers, the likes of which cannot be found anywhere else. A true innovation in an era of iteration, NVIDIA G-SYNC will redefine the way you view games.

I don't see any mention of Games capable of using G-Sync just graphic card?

Also a quick google can find no mention of G-sync capable games? Only G-sync Capable Graphic Cards

There is no game requirements. It's just a v-sync replacement.

xamoel
11-16-2015, 10:05 AM
All games support it, it's just a hardware feature.

warryabel
11-16-2015, 12:40 PM
All games support it, it's just a hardware feature. it is software based which needed a cookie/crack to run...

badhand386
11-16-2015, 12:53 PM
it is software based which needed a cookie/crack to run...

Q: Does NVIDIA G-SYNC work for all games?
A: NVIDIA G-SYNC works with all games. However, we have found some games that do not behave well and for those, we recommend that users take advantage of our control panel’s ability to disable G-SYNC per game. Games that NVIDIA discovers that have trouble with G-SYNC will be disabled by default in our driver.

as per Nvidia's website.

commonsensie
11-19-2015, 09:41 PM
I got my g752VT-RH71 today and this one also doesn't show the screen as gsync. I updated the NVidia driver to the latest one and gsync option in not there in the control panel and also the screen shows as pnp generic. What shall I do?

badhand386
11-19-2015, 11:04 PM
I got my g752VT-RH71 today and this one also doesn't show the screen as gsync. I updated the NVidia driver to the latest one and gsync option in not there in the control panel and also the screen shows as pnp generic. What shall I do?

Exchange it. I had the exact same model and issue. I reformatted, updated drivers, downgraded... You name it I tried it. Only solution was exchanging the laptop for the same model. Now my g-sync works.

commonsensie
11-20-2015, 12:24 AM
Thats what i was afraid of. I ordered online so any exchange/refund scenario will take 10-15 days. So wanted to explore all options before i went thay way.

Had a chat with albert too. As per his suggestion resetting tje system to factory setting as of now. 45mins and only 7% done. Seems long to me. If this doesnt work i ll explore exchange possibilities. This sucks coz no guarentee exchange will work ..new systen could turn out a dud too and the whole process takes too long. :-(

badhand386
11-20-2015, 01:23 AM
It took what seemed forever for mine to factory reset as well. Reset didn't solve my issue, but it's always a good thing to try. Make checking for g-sync your first priority. I didn't even use my Microsoft account when I logged into the new machine, I got into windows as fast as possible to check for g sync. Lucky for me the second laptop had it working.

commonsensie
11-20-2015, 04:30 AM
no luck with the reset as well. sadly return seems to be the only option and the problem is that also is not a sure shot thing. The next laptop I receive amay turn out to be the same. not sure what I ll do then

@cl-Albert- here is the screen shot of the NVidia control panel

antoine52200
11-20-2015, 09:16 AM
And an other ASUS / G-Sync chaos...

Wake up ASUS!

escha
11-20-2015, 11:37 AM
it's Asus forgetting to put nvidias license cookie inside the system bios or it is Nvidia's driver having hard time with their own DRM xD
the panel EDID changed so ....

i'm having a gr8t lough right now!
They already sold g751 with g-sync, next models start selling - no point to keep this DRM

badhand386
11-20-2015, 11:47 AM
it's Asus forgetting to put nvidias license cookie inside the system bios or it is Nvidia's driver having hard time with their own DRM xD

I wouldn't be surprised if it was either of those things. I am sure a fix will be discovered in the future, but nobody purchasing now should have to wait for one.

badhand386
11-20-2015, 12:17 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was either of those things. I am sure a fix will be discovered in the future, but nobody purchasing now should have to wait for one.

Clintlgm
11-20-2015, 02:13 PM
I agree they should come working for the price of these notebooks. so far were seeing about 50% chance of getting one that G-sync doesn't work. If enough of these get returned it will get Asus attention. If it is a BIOS/UEFI issue you would think they would have a BIOS upgrade and there tech support made aware of the issue to prevent the return of all these notebooks. That will cost the vendors and Asus big time if in fact there are that many out there with this issue?

commonsensie
11-20-2015, 02:43 PM
50% is high. And there is a good possibility some people bought it and didn't notice it. I wonder what else i should check for, when i get a return.

Tidbits
11-20-2015, 04:48 PM
I don't think it's 50%. It's probably a whole lot lower. People need to remember those who don't have problems will rarely say anything and those who do will almost always say something.

escha
11-20-2015, 04:51 PM
and those who are not aware ar were misinformed...

commonsensie
11-20-2015, 05:38 PM
is the gpu supposed to show in bios.. I don't see it there..

cl-Albert
11-20-2015, 05:55 PM
no luck with the reset as well. sadly return seems to be the only option and the problem is that also is not a sure shot thing. The next laptop I receive amay turn out to be the same. not sure what I ll do then

@cl-Albert- here is the screen shot of the NVidia control panel

Thanks for the screenshot commonsensie and unfortunately, sounds like you will need to return or exchange it with your store.
Hopefully your store can get you another working unit quickly and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Feel free to send me a PM to discuss privately if you prefer, but expect you will be better off just getting this solved through your store this time, so let me know if there are any problems to arrange it.

Also, below is a screenshot from my G752VL-BHI7N32 test unit with G-sync for comparison if anybody is interested. Thanks.

commonsensie
11-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Thanks Albert. I spoke with the store, they are waiting for asus to confirm that this cannot be resolved before they can do anything. additionally they are also going to look at a unit at their end to test if that one has g-sync. hopefully this goes through quick.

Tidbits
11-20-2015, 08:49 PM
All they need to do is go to Asus website. Their tech spec specifically states it should have gsync for all models and there is no asterisk saying otherwise.

Tidbits
11-21-2015, 05:15 AM
mine just came in and every works, and overall looks good. There's some light bleed on the screen, but it doesn't bother me too much as my last 3 laptops(Apple Macbook Pro, Alienware, and MSI) had some light bleed and this one wasn't as bad as my MSI was.

badhand386
11-21-2015, 12:56 PM
mine just came in and every works, and overall looks good. There's some light bleed on the screen, but it doesn't bother me too much as my last 3 laptops(Apple Macbook Pro, Alienware, and MSI) had some light bleed and this one wasn't as bad as my MSI was.

Glad yours works too. Mine as well has minor light bleed. It's not terrible though. Considering the picture quality aside from that is satisfying, I can't complain.

Tidbits
11-21-2015, 07:17 PM
I found a problem. Everything works speeds are expected... However Gforce experience keeps "not responding" 70% of the time. No matter what I do it still does it.

badhand386
11-21-2015, 07:34 PM
I found a problem. Everything works speeds are expected... However Gforce experience keeps "not responding" 70% of the time. No matter what I do it still does it.

Update the drivers and Geforce experience. It did that for me as well. It's an issue with the driver and Geforce experience

Tidbits
11-22-2015, 12:09 AM
I tried that and it is a no go sadly. Still crashes 1/2 the time. I might try a uninstall then a clean install and see what happens.

commonsensie
11-22-2015, 09:26 PM
@tidbits mine was also same ... but i read somewhere it is a win 10 issue.

Tidbits
11-22-2015, 09:32 PM
I have been reading that as well, it happened to my previous laptops and my desktop when I upgraded those.

badhand386
11-22-2015, 09:33 PM
Mine doesn't crash. It just takes forever to load.

Tidbits
11-23-2015, 04:28 AM
I notice that too. Most of the time it stops responding and once in a while it appears but takes like a minute or two on the small "gforce experience" splash screen.53796

commonsensie
11-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Hi all, I received a replacement and g-sync appears in the control panel now.

badhand386
11-25-2015, 04:06 PM
Hi all, I received a replacement and g-sync appears in the control panel now.

Glad to hear it. Good it was a fast turn around

Clintlgm
11-29-2015, 02:59 PM
My reference was to this forum, about 50% based on what we are seeing here. I haven't really looked at any other forums. And of course all the units sold to people that haven't check for this to be working the general public buying these notebooks won't notice for awhile.

AngryPeanut
12-09-2015, 04:20 AM
Damn it. I just realized the same issue. Just bought it last weekend too.

I even verified it with the g-sync demo from Nvidia. It wouldn't let me run in g-sync mode. I'm In the process of removing all my stuff off of it so I can return it.

AngryPeanut
12-09-2015, 04:22 AM
Err I'll try to get another one if I can.

badhand386
12-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Err I'll try to get another one if I can.

Good luck

Shockmaster
12-15-2015, 10:39 PM
I'm experiencing the same issue as many of you as well. Purchased a G752VT and just discovered it doesn't have G-Sync either.

I emailed Asus Customer Support with all of my information and this was their response:

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is Vivi and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Based on the info of this SN, there is no G-Sync with this unit.

G-Sync is optional for this model. Some come with G-Sync and some don't.

I suggest you contact the retailer to have a check.

So, if some come with it and some don't? How do we tell? What kind of business model is this?:mad:

Clintlgm
12-15-2015, 10:46 PM
I don't think this is true for G752VT models, the GL***xxxx models that is true for. For the GL models you will have to read the spec sheet carefully. All there advertising for G752VT and VY state G-Sync. If yours doesn't have it take it back to the vendor for replacement.

badhand386
12-15-2015, 10:47 PM
I'm experiencing the same issue as many of you as well. Purchased a G752VT and just discovered it doesn't have G-Sync either.

I emailed Asus Customer Support with all of my information and this was their response:

So, if some come with it and some don't? How do we tell? What kind of business model is this?:mad:

That's bull****. She's lying to you dude. They all come with it. I spoke to multiple customer service reps and only half of them were competent enough to actually know what they are talking about. Exchange and your problem should go away unless you're that unlucky.

RIVETHEAD
12-16-2015, 05:15 PM
I bought a G752VT last week. It had no GSync. I tried updating Windows, updating NVidia drivers... all of that. Don't waste your time spinning your wheels with drivers and tech support calls. Take it back. Picked up a 2nd laptop the next day. GSync was present on first boot. Nothing needed.

MrRuckus
12-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Can you guys without G-Sync post your HWiNFO for your monitor? We may be able to narrow down the problem to the screen that's being used. I believe the G-SYNC capability comes from the screen. This is from my G752VY which does have G-SYNC. .

Tidbits
12-16-2015, 10:23 PM
G752VT with Gsync info

MrRuckus
12-16-2015, 11:42 PM
Thanks Tidbits. Hopefully we can get more to get a better idea of what differences are in these laptops.

badhand386
12-17-2015, 12:21 AM
Thanks Tidbits. Hopefully we can get more to get a better idea of what differences are in these laptops.

Unfortunately I found no difference in my HWINFO between my defect model and my working model. Screen manufacturer information was exactly the same between both. There must be something else bios related that isn't functioning.

Shockmaster
12-17-2015, 10:09 AM
I messaged them back stating pretty much what you said and this was their response.

Generally, for the unit with G-Sync, there is a NVIDIA G-SYNC sticker on the keyboard assembly on the left side of the palm rest.
It means this unit come with G-Sync. If there is no NVIDIA G-SYNC sticker, it means the unit does not come with G-Sync.

For this case, I have passed it to the related department to have a check if it is website error or configuration error.

We deal with it as soon as possible.

Sorry if any inconvenience this case to you, Hope for your understanding.

Can anyone with working G-sync on the G752VT confirm if there is a sticker where they say it is?

cl-Albert
12-17-2015, 05:25 PM
Can anyone with working G-sync on the G752VT confirm if there is a sticker where they say it is?

I'm not sure if all the newer G752VT units will have a sticker (??), but I don't think all the earlier units had the sticker at least, so it's probably not the most reliable way to check G-sync support in my opinion.

Since we know the G752VT-RH71 model supports G-sync, you may just want to tell us your full G752VT-xxxx model name to see if we can help check this way?
This should be something you can check from the full G752VT-xxxx model name before you buy the notebook really (and your store and local support should be able to confirm for you, but we may need to see about this?).

Hopefully we can help you figure this out before it's too late to return or exchange through your store.

Thanks and sorry this could not be easier.

MrRuckus
12-17-2015, 06:20 PM
I messaged them back stating pretty much what you said and this was their response.

I would take that with a grain of salt. I have G-Sync on my VY, and have no G-SYNC specific sticker. just an Nvidia sticker.

Tifore
12-17-2015, 09:36 PM
My VY-RH71 came with Gsync, and no Gsync sticker. Just like the above poster, I just have a Nvidia sticker, and yet I found it odd that Nvidia Gforce experience wasn't even installed...

badhand386
12-17-2015, 09:38 PM

No sticker on mine. I do have G-Sync

Shockmaster
12-17-2015, 09:51 PM
Can you guys without G-Sync post your HWiNFO for your monitor? We may be able to narrow down the problem to the screen that's being used. I believe the G-SYNC capability comes from the screen. This is from my G752VY which does have G-SYNC. .

Here's my HWiNFO for mine WITHOUT G-Sync.

squeelz1234
12-18-2015, 05:44 AM
Hey everyone,
I went through three returns of the g752vt's from amazon and each of them kept coming wihtout GSync enabled. On the third one i tried to go into the bios and used F9 to optimize defaults...THIS WORKED! I'm unsure if it will work for others but i was very disapointed when i opened my third return to see No Gsync in the nvidia control panel.

If you are having this issue i would highly recommend trying the optimize defaults!

Update: just ran the pendulum demo flawlessly with Gsync!

badhand386
12-18-2015, 05:53 AM
Hey everyone,
I went through three returns of the g752vt's from amazon and each of them kept coming wihtout GSync enabled. On the third one i tried to go into the bios and used F9 to optimize defaults...THIS WORKED! I'm unsure if it will work for others but i was very disapointed when i opened my third return to see No Gsync in the nvidia control panel.

If you are having this issue i would highly recommend trying the optimize defaults!

I hope to see this confirmed.

RuisuL12
12-18-2015, 08:59 AM
Hey everyone,

I can confirm what you did, now I have G-Sync enabled too!

badhand386
12-18-2015, 01:45 PM
I'll update the first post to reflect the findings.

Shockmaster
12-18-2015, 06:14 PM
Can confirm, going into BIOS, pressing f9 and selecting "yes" to optimize defaults works!

Thank you sooooo much!

I knew there had to be a simple fix to this. Extremely disappointed in ASUS support, especially for their "top of the line" laptop. I can't believe they tried telling me that "some have it, some don't." Very, very poor on their behalf.

Shockmaster
12-18-2015, 07:09 PM
Just booted up Just Cause 3 to see if I could notice the difference and WOW! I went from running it on max settings at ~30FPS to a consistent 58-60FPS, sometimes more. I didn't change anything else other than the BIOS settings as suggested in the earlier post.

MrRuckus
12-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Hey everyone,

Wow. Nice job Squeelz. Its a shame Asus support did not know this could be such an easy fix. Hopefully they do now. :D

cl-Albert
12-18-2015, 11:54 PM
Wow. Nice job Squeelz. Its a shame Asus support did not know this could be such an easy fix. Hopefully they do now. :D

Yes, thanks squeelz1234 for solving that and letting us know.
I always ask customers to load bios defaults after flashing the bios, but didn't think of asking customers to try this since people were not updating the bios.

We also just confirmed this solution with another G752VT unit that had the G-sync problem although we had to restart Windows before the G-sync option would show up.
Anyway, we will be passing along this suggestion and thanks for everyone's help to solve this.

If anybody is keeping score, I have it as ROG forums: 1 , ASUS support: 0 . Thanks again.

SpaceAnomaly
12-19-2015, 12:33 AM
squeelz1234, you are my hero.

I have a G752VT and I just tried the fix about 10 min ago, saw G-Sync listed in the control panel, and it worked while playing a game with v-sync off.

I found out yesterday that G-Sync was not available on my laptop and was super bummed because the return with newegg would've been a 1-2 week ordeal with holidays coming in.

Thank you thank you!

rogdood
12-30-2015, 04:12 PM
So I'm assuming nobody with an older generation laptops (such as G751) was able to get this activated? For me it didn't...

Yabanator
12-31-2015, 05:04 AM

UPDATE:

UPDATE 12/18/2015:
User Squeelz1234 has found that enabling optimized defaults in bios has enabled G-sync on multiple users laptops. Attempt this first before exchanging, there may be no need to do so anymore.

I can confirm what Squeelz1234 found. I got a G752 (with GTX970m), the NVIDIA control panel did not show any options for G-sync. I then rebooted in UEFI, hit F9 for optimized setting, saved and exited. NVIDIA control panel then showed the g-sync settings.

winyl
01-01-2016, 02:42 PM
So I'm assuming nobody with an older generation laptops (such as G751) was able to get this activated? For me it didn't...

G751 has diffrent hwids of g970,g980 not the one with 1617,1618. G751 have 13D7,13D8.
You have to resolder hwid resistors on the gpu to get proper hwid 1617,1618. Only those are allowed gsync.

rogdood
01-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Yea, it's safer to just get a G-sync monitor that to mess around with the laptop parts.

TechNoob87
03-01-2016, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure it does.

jcer93705
03-12-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure it does.

Linux is not enable in fact doesn't show a settings. But Window 10 pro does. Mine is the best buy one that sell with 12gb ram
1tb hard drive. Here is pic and more info on my thread.

G752VL-BHI7N32

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83784-I-love-my-G752VL-under-Ubuntu-Linux-Anybody-running-Linux-%29