PDA

View Full Version : G751JY: laptop shuts down by itself when left downloading

Evil Hotdog
11-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Hi,

So my laptop turned itself off when I was downloading fallout 4 trough steam.
My power saving options are all set up in such a way that it should not got to sleep or turn the screen off.
I did however, turn the screen off myself, then let it download the game, and when I came back after a few hours the computer was off.
The game was downloaded completely (about 26Gb), so it ran at least for another 2 hours.
...Power4gear is already uninstalled.

Anyone got an idea?

thx !

smallj53
11-12-2015, 01:16 AM
Hi there,

This happens to me all of the time and not just on my G751JY. You say that you have windows set up not to hibernate or go into standby but I say that to myself all of the time and voila ~ my computer did it again! I don't know does Windows reset itself? Check the settings. Otherwise you have a more serious problem. Who wants that!

Puhrple
11-12-2015, 08:59 PM
This happens to me also and i leave it with ac adapter, and all options to never shut down nor hibernate..

Ghostextechnica
11-16-2015, 11:39 PM
This is a nightmare for me too. Happened on my G750 and the same thing now happens on my G751.

The ONE way I found to combat this is set up your downloads and then run steam in big picture mode (even if you're downloading something in your browser). Windows won't sleep or shut down a system that is running a full-screen application. :cool: