PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G752VL screen issue

Myzka
11-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Is there anyone else experiencing an issue with the screen being lighter in some areas? I did some research to learn it might be what they call a "mura" effect. I have this on my new ROG G752VL laptop at the bottom right-hand corner. See attached picture. The screen is on a completely black webpage. Notice the three greenish area on the bottom right. And no, those are not reflections of anything in my room

Is this normal or to be expected? Any information is helpful!

Thanks!

toronto699
11-11-2015, 12:04 AM
hmm that does not look good that's a problem what I see by your pic that is not normal . I asked if u had G-Sync . others are asking here is the thread
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?78698-G752-with-no-G-Sync
Fatum I know the bleeding has nothing to do with G-Sync , there are reports the G752 does not have G-Sync

Fatum
11-11-2015, 07:23 AM
Oh, it is called "Light bleeding" (google images) and has nothing to do with G-sync. It shows that Asus quality control is an absolute crap because the panel was not properly "glued" to the chassis. That is why you can see light going between screen panel and chassis.

If it looks that bad in a bright room I even do not want to think how bad it looks in the dark. I would definitely return it.

I changed 4!!! G751JW laptops and each of them had this issue. In the end I just returned it for refund. I've been waiting for G752 and now you tell me that it has the same issue.

Damn, ASUS!!!!!

Corporal
11-11-2015, 07:46 AM
The only way to fix it is to take the screen bezel off and modify it to lesser the pressure puts on the screen. I did just that on my g751jy. Obviously if ASUS sees it your warranty will be void.

Saint G74
11-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Thats is not ok, you should send it back i have no light bleeding at all on mine....

BorisAction
11-11-2015, 08:23 AM
Had this problem on my old notebook and I changed it. This is a really annoying issue..

deccauk
11-11-2015, 12:42 PM
How do you get the screen bezel off?

Corporal
11-11-2015, 02:34 PM
there are 4 screws on the bottom, covered by glued-on rubber pads. Unscrew them, then gently take it of, starting at the bottom.

badhand386
11-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Oh, it is called "Light bleeding" (google images) and has nothing to do with G-sync. It shows that Asus quality control is an absolute crap because the panel was not properly "glued" to the chassis. That is why you can see light going between screen panel and chassis.

If it looks that bad in a bright room I even do not want to think how bad it looks in the dark. I would definitely return it.

I changed 4!!! G751JW laptops and each of them had this issue. In the end I just returned it for refund. I've been waiting for G752 and now you tell me that it has the same issue.

Damn, ASUS!!!!!

We are aware his issue has nothing to do with G-Sync, his G-Sync related inquiry only had something to do with the fact that there are so limited users on here who own the laptop, and some of us who do are having G-Sync issues we are trying to solve. I do agree that he should return it instead of trying to fix it though. That's unacceptable.

Myzka
11-12-2015, 02:42 AM
Thanks for all your responses! I will be returning this product and reconsidering my choices.

As for the G-sync -- I'm sorry, but I'm a bit of a newb about it. I'm not sure if my computer has it or if it is working! I haven't noticed any tearing or such. Just the light bleeding.

vore01
11-12-2015, 03:43 AM
Is there anyone else experiencing an issue with the screen being lighter in some areas? I did some research to learn it might be what they call a "mura" effect. I have this on my new ROG G752VL laptop at the bottom right-hand corner. See attached picture. The screen is on a completely black webpage. Notice the three greenish area on the bottom right. And no, those are not reflections of anything in my room

Is this normal or to be expected? Any information is helpful!

Thanks!

that's a shame......I'm sorry your purchase of your new laptop ended up as having to return it. That should never have happened and Asus must be aware of this problem. Keep us posted on your decision.

toronto699
11-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Myzka sorry u are returning the G752, now I worry about the G752 VY I have ordered . let us know what u decide to use as your new laptop . So far ive heard or read posts of 5 G752's with either No G-Sync or Faulty Screen not a good start for the new G752.

xamoel
11-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Well be sure the G751JY was no bit better. Speakers still not working correctly (even after the new drivers), no Gsync even though it would be possible, defective WLAN with capped speeds, the list goes on. My screen is ok though...

Myzka
11-12-2015, 02:41 PM
You guys are such a nice group! Thanks for your responses and support.

I haven't quite given up on ASUS yet. They offer quite a good price range and have a strong fan community. I'm not a super hardcore gamer (yet) so the 752VL was right around my price range. And I'm willing to accept my laptop was a bit of a fluke, though your experience is a bit discouraging, Fatum! Once I get my return processed, I might think about 752 again or go for a 751. I'm also going to consider Origin or MSI...

Fatum
11-12-2015, 03:07 PM
My were all from the same local shop. In the end I decided not to buy it from another shop and just wait for better model. And now all of them are bought :( and I am waiting till new models arrive which may happen in a month or two.

vore01
11-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Myzka sorry u are returning the G752, now I worry about the G752 VY I have ordered . let us know what u decide to use as your new laptop . So far ive heard or read posts of 5 G752's with either No G-Sync or Faulty Screen not a good start for the new G752.

I wrote ken of gentech pc about this...this is very discouraging. Waiting for the new machine for so long and then having to return it would make me nuts. I'll let you know when Ken responds to my email and what issues he had if any.

Clintlgm
11-12-2015, 05:20 PM
Yes this is the reason to buy from a custom vendor they get checked out before sending to you. A bit more expensive though for me its worth it not to have to return or even worse RMA one.

vore01
11-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Yes this is the reason to buy from a custom vendor they get checked out before sending to you. A bit more expensive though for me its worth it not to have to return or even worse RMA one.

I always liked the notion of opening up my brand new laptop myself. But with these issues cropping up perhaps I'll ask ken at Gentech PC to check it out before he ships it to me. And lets suppose he opens it up, turns it on and sees the same screen issue problem...does he send it back to Asus and I get a new one and the cycle begins all over again? I always wondered how that would work.

Clintlgm
11-12-2015, 07:07 PM
I'm not familiar with Gen tech service. Xtopic at your expense will repaste CPU GPU with IC Diamond and run 24 to 36 hour function test. I am assuming any failure would be rejected by them you would never know about it? What other purpose would the testing have?

Compwxr
11-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Already returned 1 GL551JW for same reason...

vore01
11-12-2015, 07:23 PM
I'm not familiar with Gen tech service. Xtopic at your expense will repaste CPU GPU with IC Diamond and run 24 to 36 hour function test. I am assuming any failure would be rejected by them you would never know about it? What other purpose would the testing have?

I'm familiar with companies that open up brand new laptops and re-configure them. In my mind this is having faith that the stranger with his hands in the innards of my new laptop knows what he's doing and can reassemble it back to where a computerized assembly line has better chance of not leaving anything out. I've heard stories and read reviews about a guy had his laptop sent back to him with parts falling off and screens not assembled correctly and this was from xotic

vore01
11-12-2015, 07:24 PM
Already returned 1 GL551JW for same reason...

really?........I mean really?

JozsefBKA
11-12-2015, 07:45 PM
I can't believe this, for the same reason and many others I have changed multiple G751s, I said to myself that it would be better to wait for the new model as I'm sure that it will be all good. Seeing this, makes me think that Asus is not the good and excellent computer manufacturer that I always thought. It's sad to see this, and it's more sad to pay a **** tone of money on this joke..

THANK YOU ASUS!

Korth
11-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Asus is a leading world-class technological innovator.
Asus always offers the very finest toys - before anyone else can catch up.
Asus always overengineers everything and cuts no corners on quality.
Asus is swag and brag, Asus ROG is now a powerful brand recognized, respected, admired, and desired by many.
Asus is damned expensive.
Asus has utterly dismal customer support and a lot of angry customers.

You can't really go wrong with Asus if you buy it with the understanding that the warranty is next to meaningless. Asus is second to none for hackers, modders, and overclockers because Asus hardware is top-notch and the Asus warranty is meaningless anyways after you take the hardware apart to start customizing or improving things.

vore01
11-12-2015, 07:59 PM
I can't believe this, for the same reason and many others I have changed multiple G751s, I said to myself that it would be better to wait for the new model as I'm sure that it will be all good. Seeing this, makes me think that Asus is not the good and excellent computer manufacturer that I always thought. It's sad to see this, and it's more sad to pay a **** tone of money on this joke..

THANK YOU ASUS!

does/will Asus respond to problems expressed in here about their products?

vore01
11-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Asus is a leading world-class technological innovator.
Asus always offers the very finest toys - before anyone else can catch up.
Asus always overengineers everything and cuts no corners on quality.
Asus is swag and brag, Asus ROG is now a powerful brand recognized, respected, admired, and desired by many.
Asus is damned expensive.
Asus has utterly dismal customer support and a lot of angry customers.

You can't really go wrong with Asus if you buy it with the understanding that the warranty is next to meaningless. Asus is second to none for hackers, modders, and overclockers because Asus hardware is top-notch and the Asus warranty is meaningless anyways after you take the hardware apart to start customizing or improving things.

wow that's harsh...lol so your not an Asus fan? And your in here to tell everyone that? Don't misunderstand you can, but I don't get your very harsh criticism and still be an Asus involved fan

JozsefBKA
11-12-2015, 08:35 PM
I think that if Asus would have recognized the previous issues with the G751 they would reconsider their quality team or if they even have one.. The idea is that we learn from our mistakes, Asus, I don't think so.. Pay 1.800 bucks for what? Sure, it looks good and the design is out of this world, but you can't have a Lamborghini shell and a cheap ass interior...

Clintlgm
11-12-2015, 09:47 PM
Well most vendors give you a 30 day period to return a defective notebook, and that is the only way to get Asus attention as you return to the vendor they in turn will return to Asus. I think percentage wise most of Asus notebooks have no issues. So we are seeing the few bad ones here which makes us think there are a lot of defective notebooks. There are probably already a few thousand of these G752 sold already and we have 1 Gsync and one Screen Bleed issue so far? The Gsync problem solved.

Jlieu
11-13-2015, 11:18 AM
and i'm still waiting the asus g752 release on asia.
why so slow, isn't fair at all right. i'm huge asus fans! I own G750, G751, now waiting for G752!
all few ten thousands $ invested well and i dont see any issues on the asus products.

and remember, services and rma here is terrible! and we don't have benefits of 30days refund or exchange here. so if purchased any lemon = burning money,and end up crying alone in the wood.

badhand386
11-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Well most vendors give you a 30 day period to return a defective notebook, and that is the only way to get Asus attention as you return to the vendor they in turn will return to Asus. I think percentage wise most of Asus notebooks have no issues. So we are seeing the few bad ones here which makes us think there are a lot of defective notebooks. There are probably already a few thousand of these G752 sold already and we have 1 Gsync and one Screen Bleed issue so far? The Gsync problem solved.

True. Most people only complain. Thy don't take the time for Congratulations when they have a good experience because they are generally too involved with that experience.

Clintlgm
11-13-2015, 04:04 PM
No I don't think they do, I base that on the USB 3.0 and Sound issues. These issue were prevalent from the G75 through the G751

Clintlgm
11-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Well badhand386 solve his issue with an exchange, no reason to think the same won't work for your issue its obviously a defect in the particular unit you got. This is why the vendors give us that 2 week or 30 day return window. Anything mass produced is going to have a small percentage of defects, Asus is not a exception.