PDA

View Full Version : Please help! g751jy Wifi / Ethernet Not working

Corrosivemind103
11-11-2015, 04:48 AM
Hey everyone! Really need some help with this. So yesterday everyhing was working great with the computer and today i cant access internet at all. The laptop will connect to the router via wifi but will say no internet. Ive tried connecting wirelessly to 2 different networks (home/work) tryed resetting routers / and rebooting computer with no luck. I just tried connecting directly with a ethernet cable and still no joy. While at work i tried to trouble shoot a little and for whatever reson i thought it might be and ip address issue so i tried ipconfig/release and cmd says no action can be taken while media is disconnected. Also i tried disabling antivirus with no change and i didnt install any new programs last night. This migt be a basic issue but i cant seem to find anything through searching hat helps and im not very knowledgeable with ultra technical computer problems. Currently posting from phone so sorry for the typos! And you shouldnknow im running windows 10

Corrosivemind103
11-11-2015, 06:16 AM
Ok so i ended up calling asus tech support 3 times finally was able to stay connected with a guy who tried to talk me into reformatting my pc. I definitely didnt want that so i suggested a restore point. I guess i dont understand restore points very well cause i had manually created some after first purchasing the laptop and wanted to avoid getting set back that far but those restore points were long gone and i had 4 automatic points going from today back to 10/20/15. I restored back to 10/20 and everythings working now fortunately...and i only lost adobe inventor in the process :D

Clintlgm
11-11-2015, 09:32 PM
It was probably a MS Update that caused the issue. You need to set updates to download but not install without your telling them too. Check in on the Ten Forum (http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/27578-windows-update-choose-how-updates-installed-windows-10-a.html)on how. I have pro and just used a Gpedit to prevent upgrades with out me accepting them first.

Also you may find Images a lot more reliable for restoring back. Macrium Reflect (http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx)Free works well for creating Images and restoring them