PDA

View Full Version : G750JW head twister! - mobo replacement issues

johndeere4255
11-16-2015, 02:36 AM
Hey guys! So about a year ago I had some big problems with my g750, long story short I just got me a new mobo to fix the broken lcd socket on my old board. So I got the new board installed, turned it on....and no display on screen or HD out....now here's where it
gets very strange...If i unplug the touchpad ribbon cable from the mobo the screen will come on bright white, but will not actually work, I did check the connection on mobo and it seems fine...the hdmi out works fine and laptop will post to bios. the minute the touchpad cable is connected, no screen or hd out...I have no idea what to do, or where to start...I assume a new keyboard/touchpad palm rest and screen assembly will fix my problems...but I'm not sinking tons of money into this thing...If anybody has a g750 for parts, let me know, I will buy it from you!!...Also the mobo i bought was a g750JX, but both boards say revsision 2.1 I believe, bios should be the same, no? (for a jw and jx)...ANY help would be so much appreciated guys! Anything!!!

navis995
11-16-2015, 10:05 PM
The bottom plate cost about 100€ if you're in for buying one over Ebay.
Any g750 model will fit.