PDA

View Full Version : New ROG G752 - Installing an SSD?

ColdNorthMenace
11-16-2015, 05:35 AM
So, I am not new to computers, and I am not afraid to dig in and add and remove components. But I am stymied now on setting the boot order with this new laptop. I have cloned my SSD (aeomi migrated) and it should be bootable, however I must be too old to figure this stuff out these days. I am not sure where to point the bios on the SSD, or if that's even what I am supposed to be doing.

Old dog, new tricks, you guys get the idea. Any guide I should follow? I have searched the forums and done some cursory digging on google, but I'm sure it's better to just hit the pros first.

Thanks for reading.

Corporal
11-16-2015, 07:42 AM
First of all, make sure that your SSD is using GPT (and not MBR). Then enter bios and change first boot device to ssd.

ColdNorthMenace
11-16-2015, 08:28 AM
First of all, make sure that your SSD is using GPT (and not MBR). Then enter bios and change first boot device to ssd.

I actually just came back to delete the post, my error was when I migrated the drive, I let it boot up again, which ruined the boot on the SSD, migrating again and interrupting the boot sequence fixed it.

I knew it shouldn't have been as hard as I was making it. Thanks for trying to help though!