PDA

View Full Version : GL552VW flickering Win 10 Edge

SirWaWa
11-16-2015, 11:20 AM
Hi,

I am getting screen flickering with Windows 10 Edge when scrolling up and down on youtube. It has the intel 530 integrated graphics with a geforce 960M discrete gpu. Also in addition I get the display driver has recovered when visiting media heavy websites. It happens randomly but the youtube flickering I can reproduce easily. Games, however play fine. How do I fix this? Anyone else have this problem? What is the problem? Win 10 Edge? Intel drivers?

SirWaWa
11-16-2015, 11:18 PM
So I installed firefox and youtube works fine. NO flickering/flashing. So the problem is with Windows 10 Edge...

SirWaWa
11-18-2015, 04:12 AM
anyone have this problem?

rameshbala
12-09-2015, 03:50 AM
anyone have this problem?
'Hi,

I do face the same issue exactly as you described.

Issue:
1. Screen Blink/Flicker
I noticed the screen go black for a sec or 2 when I scroll through a webpage with a video (Imdb / youtube) in Edge browser. This is really annoying. But there is NO interception while watching video on fullscreen.
Exception: Haven't faced this glitch in Chrome or IE11 yet.

2. "Display Driver has stopped responding and recovered"
At times, I get a notification that the "Display Driver has stopped responding and recovered" (mostly in Edge and rarely in Firefox as well]. Have noticed the event log for these occurrences.

Any idea on the resolution for these issues? Should I open a request with Asus?
I suspect a defective Graphics Driver. Hopefully its NOT related to hardware I believe.'

BenchGainz
12-14-2015, 08:07 PM
Many people been complaining about this issue and returning there laptops about defective parts. My flickering was so bad I could barely send a complaint to ASUS support. Some site just go black. Is this what you expect from a over $1000 laptop. What a joke.

_Speedy
12-24-2015, 04:22 PM
I experienced the same symptoms, after I did a clean install of WIN10 and loaded the drivers from the ASUS support page.
I saw another post about a new GeForce Experience download (would thank the author, but I forgot their name)

Went to the GeForce Experience site:
http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

Downloaded and installed, and flicker seems to have gone away :)

Your mileage may vary.

BTW - the GeForce Experience would crash before the update, and never open.

SirWaWa
12-30-2015, 01:15 AM
I experienced the same symptoms, after I did a clean install of WIN10 and loaded the drivers from the ASUS support page.
I saw another post about a new GeForce Experience download (would thank the author, but I forgot their name)

Went to the GeForce Experience site:
http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

Downloaded and installed, and flicker seems to have gone away :)

Your mileage may vary.

BTW - the GeForce Experience would crash before the update, and never open.

I fixed it and mind you this has nothing to do with geforce drivers as I have the latest and greatest

geforce drivers are not the problem as it was still happening until I upgraded the intel drivers

I also tried the registry TDR fix which did nothing either and still got the display driver stopped responding

so if u download and install 4300 or higher it will fix the problem from intel

if you're getting the can't install manufacturer message, do the "have disk" method or visit asus support as they finally have 4300 up but not any newer

once verified the latest are installed the video anomalies should be fixed

again grab the latest from intel, zip file

the ones the shipped out of the box intel drivers are garbage... if you read the changelog in the intel driver history you can see it has been addressed/fixed in 4300

btw it looks like changelog history for particular versions is not cumulative in the notes, you have to read each revision to see the fixes/problems, including beta versions

I watched youtube for hours and hours on autoplay and it was fine, before couldn't even last 30-60 mins before something "strange" happened

Aleeex
01-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Hi, i'm new in this forum, can you confirm that gl552vw problem has been solved by the latest intel driver installation, or windows 10 latest updates? I would be very grateful for this (sorry for my bad english)

set_killer
04-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Yep, Installing the drivers from Intel fixed the problem. Thanks buddy.

pwnstarr
04-13-2016, 06:39 PM
Hi all.

New to this forum, so I am having a bit of difficulty installing the latest drivers and I was wondering if someone had any fix on that. Says the software I have is not compatible even though I downloaded it from ASUS's site.

Any help regarding this will be hugely appreciated.

P.S- Anyone have problems reading the GPU temps using GPU-Z? Mine is always stuck at 405Mhz and at 47 degree idle temp. Is that abnormal?

Update: I managed to install it, had to uninstall the previous drivers first.

nazmul57
04-21-2016, 04:27 AM
I'm facing the same problem in my rog gl552vw with Chrome.

martn1n88
04-23-2016, 10:51 AM
I am having it on chrome to,on edge is working just perfect.