PDA

View Full Version : Asus GL752VS-DH71-CA - No audio connection through HDMI

Aaerox
11-17-2015, 05:09 AM
Hi,

Just recently purchased the GL752VW-DH71-CA. I am attempting connect an external monitor via HDMI. Picture works however I am unable to route any audio through HDMI. There are no HDMI selections in the Playback devices. Even the nVidia control panel does not detect the monitor. I have done this many times with my previous Asus laptop so I am unsure as to why this is not working. Any insight is much appreciated.

Aaerox
11-18-2015, 07:53 PM
Hi,

Just recently purchased the GL752VW-DH71-CA. I am attempting connect an external monitor via HDMI. Picture works however I am unable to route any audio through HDMI. There are no HDMI selections in the Playback devices. Even the nVidia control panel does not detect the monitor. I have done this many times with my previous Asus laptop so I am unsure as to why this is not working. Any insight is much appreciated.

Update:

I was able to achieve audio output through HDMI somehow after installing the Windows 10 november update.

However, the audio only outputs through the Intel playback device. There is no nVidia playback device at all while connected to an extrnal monitor via hdmi. Also, I am not able to access the nVidia Control panel with as it appears the integrated intel GPU is still the default even when connected via HDMI.

Anyone else experience this before?

aeolisio
11-18-2015, 09:03 PM
Update:

I was able to achieve audio output through HDMI somehow after installing the Windows 10 november update.

However, the audio only outputs through the Intel playback device. There is no nVidia playback device at all while connected to an extrnal monitor via hdmi. Also, I am not able to access the nVidia Control panel with as it appears the integrated intel GPU is still the default even when connected via HDMI.

Anyone else experience this before?
I am assuming you performed a clean install of the latest nvidia drivers from nvidia.com already?

Aaerox
11-19-2015, 03:44 AM
I am assuming you performed a clean install of the latest nvidia drivers from nvidia.com already?

Yes, performing clean installs of the NVIDIA drivers unfortunately did not help.

I have also tried using the displayport output as well however I still get the same results.

Aaerox
11-22-2015, 04:23 AM
Whelp, ASUS Support was unable to help at all...

I have absolutely no idea how I can get windows to detect the NVidia GPU while connected to an external monitor.