PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 November Update (Threshold 2) - Any issues?

AdelaisAer
11-17-2015, 07:00 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone here has already upgraded to the new November Update for Windows 10. If so, did you have any issues? Please let me know.

I have a G74SX-DH72 and I am asking about these things because I was wondering if I should update or not. I have heard mixed reactions about the update (preferences being deleted, apps being uninstalled, etc.). I'm a bit scared, to be honest, so I want to know your experiences with it.

Almighty1
11-17-2015, 10:01 PM
Preferences are not being deleted, it's just being set to defaults as you are basically doing a in-place upgrade rather than a update. As for apps being uninstalled, it's because those apps are incompatible with Windows 10.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/windows-10-threshold-2-removes-some-desktop-programs-during-install-496120.shtml

AdelaisAer
11-17-2015, 10:42 PM
Preferences are not being deleted, it's just being set to defaults as you are basically doing a in-place upgrade rather than a update. As for apps being uninstalled, it's because those apps are incompatible with Windows 10.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/windows-10-threshold-2-removes-some-desktop-programs-during-install-496120.shtml

According to the Reddit post, the apps and drivers are perfectly compatible, because once users reinstall the very same ones (the ones prior to the upgrade), they work perfectly fine with no issues, so there was no reason for the to be uninstalled. Clearly they are compatible.

Almighty1
11-18-2015, 09:55 PM
According to the Reddit post, the apps and drivers are perfectly compatible, because once users reinstall the very same ones (the ones prior to the upgrade), they work perfectly fine with no issues, so there was no reason for the to be uninstalled. Clearly they are compatible.

Compatible and certified compatible by Microsoft are two different things. Perhaps they didn't reach some terms with Microsoft.. My CPU-Z doesn't get uninstalled because I use the portable.

toronto699
11-18-2015, 10:39 PM
Software or Drivers must be Certified By Microsoft , or they will be uninstalled , if Certified by Manufacture they will be uninstalled .

amin.gomez
11-18-2015, 11:41 PM
Software or Drivers must be Certified By Microsoft , or they will be uninstalled , if Certified by Manufacture they will be uninstalled .

Hi, i have an external usb 3.0 hdd and it stoped working, i don't know what to do, can you please help me.

toronto699
11-19-2015, 02:21 AM
what is your laptop model and HDD model ? Make a new thread on your W10 USB 3 HDD issue So others can help as well

AdelaisAer
11-19-2015, 09:26 PM
Well, I have a G74SX-DH72. Should I bother upgrading right now? I don't know if I should, because I am scared of having my drivers uninstalled and whatnot.

Almighty1
11-20-2015, 09:02 PM
It's not going to uninstall your drivers and besides, you will know what it uninstalled if it did. Besides, TH2 fixes problems.

Almighty1
11-21-2015, 11:02 PM
Just a FYI/PSA:

Microsoft Windows 10 version 1511 Build 10586 has been officially pulled by Microsoft as of yesterday for Media Creation Tool and TechBench and a few days before that on Windows Update.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-has-pulled-the-windows-10-november-update-from-windows-update