PDA

View Full Version : Problem with USB 3 port in N43JF

blue_gate
12-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Hello
I have an ASUS laptop model N43JF , I bought a new external HDD with USB3 port support but when i put usb3 on my HDD
does not work , when I put it on with USB2 it works . i updated my laptop USB3 driver again . please tell me what should i do for solving this problem .

P.S. My exteral HDD is TOSHIBA 1TB convio 3.0 PLUS

thanks

xeromist
12-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Are you using the blue port? Only the blue port supports USB3.

blue_gate
12-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Yes , I used blue port and my HDD have a light that when I put to blue (usb3) port the light will be BLUE and when I put to USB2 the light will be white . but i can't understand why doesn't work ?

fuzon1337
12-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Hi

Has this issue always been like this when you bought your notebook?

If no, have you done a clean install of your notebook ?

blue_gate
12-22-2011, 08:00 PM
hi my friend

I didn't use my laptop USB 3 port but I read in my laptop manual that USB 3 port can work with usb 2 and 1 but I didn't use it . and I have done clean install my notebook .
this text is for manual :

USB Port (3.0/2.0/1.1)
The USB (Universal Serial Bus) port is compatible with USB
3.0, 2.0, or USB 1.1 devices such as keyboards, pointing
devices, cameras, hard disk drives, printers, and scanners
connected in a series up to 4.8Gbits/sec (USB 3.0),
480Mbits/sec (USB 2.0), and 12Mbits/sec (USB 1.1). USB
allows many devices to run simultaneously on a single
computer, with some peripherals acting as additional
plug-in sites or hubs. USB supports hot-swapping of devices
so that most peripherals can be connected or disconnected
without restarting the computer.

fuzon1337
12-22-2011, 08:35 PM
You didn't use your USB 3 before now?

The USB 3 device can be plugged into a usual USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 (as your mentioning)

But when you want to use the USB 3.0 device and want the fast transfering from disc to notebook then you have to plug into the USB 3.0 port.

What happends when you plug your external HDD to the USB 3.0 port on your notebook?

xeromist
12-22-2011, 08:48 PM
He answered that above. The light turns blue.

Blue_gate, what does the manual say that the blue vs white light means?

blue_gate
12-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Nothing , just tell I can use USB 3 port for usb 2 and 1 , too . when I connect the USB 3 cable to BLUE port and connect my HDD to cable , just light will be BLUE and doesn't respond .
but when i connect to USB 2 port my HDD , light will be white and everything is OK .

this link is my HDD MODEL : http://storage.toshiba.eu/cms/en/hdd/external_drives/

fuzon1337
12-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Uhm, just to check that I understand: the lights (blue/white) are a indicator on the HDD to tell which mode it's in?

Have you updated your hardware to their latest version ?
(especially the Atheros wifi card... since it can cause a lot of problems, but I doubt that this is would have something to do with the USB 3.0 controller that won't detect a USB 3 device).

Which version is your BIOS ?

blue_gate
12-22-2011, 10:52 PM
the latest versin is my BIOS versin and i updated USB 3 driver , but I con't understand why shall I update Atheros wifi card ?

fuzon1337
12-22-2011, 11:08 PM
The Atheros wifi card causes a lot of unstability on your notebook, so it's important that you download the latest drivers for that hardware.
(But if you don't have that hardware in your notebook, then you don't need to worry).

Intel Chipset latest driver there also?

EDIT: When you plug your device into the USB 3.0, can you access your device?