PDA

View Full Version : Can't open BD disk tray

fefin
11-27-2015, 06:32 PM
Hi all, today I tried to open the tray but it won't, it was working fine a few days ago...
Can't find the drivers anywhere, and I don't know what else to do.

Someone knows how to open the bd disk tray? because the button doesn't do anything either!

Thanks in advance!

toronto699
11-27-2015, 06:38 PM
what laptop ?
what OS ?
any ? marks in device manager
IS DVD drive listed in Device manager?
when u hold the open button and release it does the BD drive light work?
In Windows 10 in the "Search the web and windows" lower left at bottom , type Auto Play , then hit enter enter see if Auto Play is enabled
Did u install any software lately

fefin
11-27-2015, 07:26 PM
Sorry, its an ASUS ROG G751JY. Windows 10.

The light doesn't blink when I push the button, all the other things are like you said.

Just reseted the computer to a factory like status (keeping my files but erasing windows) but the problem didn't solve, it might be a hardware problem?

Thanks!

toronto699
11-27-2015, 11:45 PM
ok one other thing u can try , there should be a little PIN Hole on the front of the Drive , try a very small paper clip , and insert the end into the PIN hole see if BD drive opens and if light works while doing so and if drive will open ? it may reset the drive

bululu
11-28-2015, 01:56 AM
If you go into "My Computer" and right click on the BD-drive - isnt there a menuentry called eject you could leftclick on ?

fefin
11-28-2015, 03:02 AM
ok one other thing u can try , there should be a little PIN Hole on the front of the Drive , try a very small paper clip , and insert the end into the PIN hole see if BD drive opens and if light works while doing so and if drive will open ? it may reset the drive
I did that and I think the problem is solved, al least for now, now the tray will open instantly. Hope it stays that way.

If you go into "My Computer" and right click on the BD-drive - isnt there a menuentry called eject you could leftclick on ?

Yes there is an eject option, but before the pin hole thing when I clicked that the explorer will just crash or just slow down for a while. I think that the driver must be thinking that the tray was with a cd inside or idk.

Anyways, hope it's fixed and thanks you both for answering.

Bye! have a nice weekend.