PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G750JZ or similar + external monitor(?)

dne0gen
11-29-2015, 04:01 AM
Okay so I have the G750JZ and I am thinking about buying a second, bigger monitor and external keyboard because why not...
But I wanted to ask if anyone has already done it, like, how does the laptop work with a second monitor and keyboard, is it any good.
And also, does the refresh rate of the second monitor matter? The laptop's monitor has a 60hz refresh rate, so if I buy a monitor with 75 or higher refresh rate will it be able to work at full capacity or higher than 60 would be overkill?

Symho
12-01-2015, 08:29 AM
Okay so I have the G750JZ and I am thinking about buying a second, bigger monitor and external keyboard because why not...
But I wanted to ask if anyone has already done it, like, how does the laptop work with a second monitor and keyboard, is it any good.
And also, does the refresh rate of the second monitor matter? The laptop's monitor has a 60hz refresh rate, so if I buy a monitor with 75 or higher refresh rate will it be able to work at full capacity or higher than 60 would be overkill?

I'm an architect and I use my laptop also for my work... well a second screen It is necessary for my job. I can tell you that all works fine! The monitor is an ASUS VX229, ips panel (economy range). A keyboard it is not necessary but you can plug in if you play with some videogames (I prefer gamepad). Bye!