PDA

View Full Version : Can the following SSD be used on the G752?

TheCovertZombie
11-30-2015, 08:59 PM
Can the following SSD be used on the G752?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V01C376

Seems to me that since it uses PCIe, it should work. Thoughts? Yes, I also do know of the other SSD issues people are having but I am trying to confirm if this drive is viable.

Clintlgm
12-01-2015, 12:13 AM
I would stick to the Gen 3, not sure this technology is backward compatible? were all trying to figure out this new technology. Samsung and Asus are not being helpful by putting out the correct information. I would hold back until we get this all figured out.

Jakov19951995
12-02-2015, 11:27 AM
i gave them the laptop to servis it with ssd and they only have kingston pcie ssds and they said it will work so we will see ddoes it work or not these guys are profesionals so im hoping they will do it in 5-6 hours il know whats going on and il report it back since no 1 could answer me and this guy will eny other ssd work not just samsung's ssd tho ty for help guys any way nice communty im glad that im geting into the asus rog franchise and the community i plan to use it for work not for gaming that much im a filemaker developer and a java, php programmer so i hope it will do me good since its my first laptop and its going to kill my founds, since g752vl in serbia is 2000 euros and if i arder it from other country the taxes kill me even more so i had to buy it in serbia

Jakov19951995
12-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Update:
The bank transfer took longer then expected so im geting the laptop tomorow, il tell you what went on with the ssd does it work and how the laptop feels :)

Jakov19951995
12-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Dont bother with eny other ssd's samsung is the only option for now not even profesionals found a way and they called their asus friends to come to try to do it toghether no chance