PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G751JT, Hard disk not showing up in boot options, random shut downs.

overl0rd1
12-01-2015, 04:15 PM
I got my ASUS ROG G751JT CH71 from amazon around 7 months ago. Recently a strange problem has been cropping up. My ROG just randomly shuts down giving a "Your PC has encountered a problem and needs to re start" error but it never restarts. When it attempts to restart, I get a message that tells me to insert Bootable media so that the PC can start up. Further checking in the BIOS reveals that its not detecting the hard disk in the boot options, only the DVD drive. Sometimes it goes back to normal on its own and then it works perfectly for a few days before this cycle goes on again. Today it happened again. I'm wondering if there's a solution to this problem and should i consider an RMA?

I operate it in mainly in India but I got it from the US. Also, I'll be heading back to the US in a few days, so should I consider an RMA? How long is the typical process?

Specs:
i7 cpu
16 gb ram
1 tb hdd
970m 3 gb vram
17" 1080p screen.

I also stress tested the hard disk and everything came up normal too.

ReDFoX2200
12-01-2015, 08:40 PM
When does this happen exactly during game play? or during normal use?
I'm leaning towards it is a Hard Disk issue, maybe you want to make sure you backup the content of your hard drive.

Clintlgm
12-01-2015, 11:24 PM
Yes it looks like a hard drive issue to me also, you should back up what you can.

overl0rd1
12-03-2015, 04:08 AM
Yeah I guess I'll RMA it. Too late for backing up hdd isn't showing up anymore. Sad.

Clintlgm
12-03-2015, 05:13 AM
Yes a good back up routine is required if you appreciate you data.