PDA

View Full Version : Asus G771 HDD drive not working properly when put in as drive0

Asusg771
12-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Hello!
I have a new ASUS G771JW and I've installed Windows 10 on a SSD. I've put the SSD as the 1'st drive(Drive 0) and the 1 TB drive as the second(Drive1).
After I have installed Windows, when i wanted to format the HDD(created it in windows storage cause it won't work to create it in windows setup- see below explication), It won't format it, saying that other program is using it - after waiting ~20minutes trying to format it.
Then, after I have installed the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver" It would boot very slow. I would have to wait minutes before it would enter windows(Loading when it shows the windows logo).
Also, when in windows setup, when I try to create the 1TB partition, it tries to make it as windows install(creating more small partitions) it doesn't create the partition, showing me as the mouse cursor - the hourglass.
All problems would dissapear when I switch the placement of the 2 drives. the HDD in Drive0 and the SSD in Drive1.
Now, everything is ok when I install the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver". It format it in 2 seconds and it boots super fast.
Normally the windows drive it should be in Drive0 position. The 1 TB drive came in Drive0 place, where it is right now and working.
Is this normal, has anyone encountered this kind of problem?

Asusg771
12-03-2015, 06:31 AM
Anyone?

Asusg771
12-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Drive1 should be in title*

Asusg771
12-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Any opinions?