PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G751JY 210 Bios memory issue

Mumia76
12-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Hi,

I've upgraded my ASUS ROG G751JY BIOS to the latest version 210.
But now the laptop only detects 24GB of the installed 32GB memory.

Is this a known bug in the latest bios? What shall I do with it?

Gps3dx
12-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Hello there and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for this info.
In the long run:
To help any other G751JY owner, it may be smart to let Asus know about this bug, and ask them to release a fixed bios.

To help you case, ASAP:
You can reflash OLDER version of the bios -> download it from asus official support page inc. WinFlash, the bios flashing app, which I guess you already have it.
To downgrade the Bios, you MUST run winflash with "/nodate" switch - so it may enable you to flash older bios version.
(I.E "c:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash\WinFlash.exe /nodate" )

Mumia76
12-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Hello there and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for this info.
In the long run:
To help any other G751JY owner, it may be smart to let Asus know about this bug, and ask them to release a fixed bios.

I thought that's what I'm doing here. What good is an official forum if they don't have an official rep. monitoring it?

To help you case, ASAP:
You can reflash OLDER version of the bios -> download it from asus official support page inc. WinFlash, the bios flashing app, which I guess you already have it.
To downgrade the Bios, you MUST run winflash with "/nodate" switch - so it may enable you to flash older bios version.
(I.E "c:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash\WinFlash.exe /nodate" )

Thanks but that's just what I want to avoid. Flashing different BIOS versions blindly without knowing which version actually introduced this bug, as the laptop had a very early bios version, there are at least 5 in between. And now there is even a new one: 211.

Corporal
12-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Bios 209 works perfectly, flash it and use it :D

Mumia76
12-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Flashed it to 209, still only 24GB, three of the 4 modules work.

Corporal
12-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Next, you can try following:
1) Reinsert the modules, change positions of the RAM modules you can access.
2) Boot from a bootable Ubuntu USB drive, see if it can detect 32 GB of ram.

I'm on bios 209, and all my 32 gb of ram are detected, therefore I don't think it's bios related.

diogogmaio
12-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Faulty RAM

Julskey
12-07-2015, 01:08 AM
Try to remove the 2 accessible modules and see what happens. Isolate the problem one by one, start with the easiest.