PDA

View Full Version : New g752vy-rh71 is not working and i'm pissed

vore01
12-06-2015, 02:30 PM
In an earlier post I mentioned that I was happy with my new laptop but didn't mention I had a problem with it the second I turned it on because I thought the problem was resolved.

Since Friday (this is now Sunday) I've had 1 conversation with the retailer and 3 chats with Asus support

When I turn the laptop on all I get is the red start button to light up and three of the 5 LED's below the track-pad. No keys light up and I can't open the disk drive.
I did manage to get the laptop operational but every-time I shut it down I have to play with it by pressing the start button for 30 seconds with and without it being plugged in.

The first chat I had with Asus was disconnected and the guy never called me back
The second Asus Rep told me that there was static electricity build up on the mother board
The third chat I had with Asus the rep said the battery needs to be drained then charged.

Now after 2 hours of trying to get it to work, I get nothing.

$2000.00 for a laptop I researched for months and pre-orderd back in October and now this!

I have 4 laptops, 2 from Dell, a HP-Envy and a Lenovo...non of them ever had a problem starting up

Edweird
12-06-2015, 03:55 PM
I used to have this problem on my G751, apparently it was caused by Windows 8.1's weird shutdown/sleep mechanics. It stopped occurring a while ago and I've only had it happen once under Windows 10. I had to do the same things you did several times but that was last around...5 months ago? If you manage to boot it up again (and I'm sure you will), do a regular full shutdown.

The static buildup thing the rep mentioned is a possibility, holding the button for 30 seconds releases exactly that, so he might have been right. Just keep trying - otherwise, contact cl-Albert here on the forums, he's the US customer loyalty rep.

thetanaz
12-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Why not return it and get another one is that not an option?I've personally had issues with my laptop (g751) but that does not mean that all of them are flawed.Most of them work perfectly but if you are reading these forums all of the people who come here do it to seek help so it looks like ASUS is the ****tiest brand ever and everything they ever make is broken lol.Just take it back and exchange it for another one or get your money back and buy another one.I don't know how your situation stands due to the fact that you've pre-ordered it and where you've preordered it from but trust me on this:if there is the slightest issue with a brand new laptop better exchange it ASAP,you don't want to deal with that can of worms later.

toronto699
12-06-2015, 10:39 PM
CAN OF WORMS , I would send it back . thetanaz is right of course , Can Of Worms Later.
Not Working Right Out Of The Box , Its Gone , ASAP, No Calling Asus or No talking to Un Helpful Asus Reps On These Forums , They Just Spew The Party Line. Send It Back ASAP. Whats an Asus Rep Going to Do Come to Your House and Fix It For U or Bring a Working One Over ???
Someone Posted Here He Went through 4 G752 without G-Sync all from same Retailer .

Tifore
12-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Just curious how this has panned out for you?
I had bought a G752VT and had the "missing G-sync" problem, returned it and problem in the second, returned it and problem in the third so I got a refund and ordered a VY.
Now I'm researching like crazy to find out what bugs I should be looking for when it arrives.

I'm hoping your situation has been fixed or at least taken care of.

cuniac
12-07-2015, 07:08 PM
This is very sad news. I love ASUS products but i'm really hoping their QC didn't dropped the ball on the 752 line. It may just be a bad batch but this is very concerning.

syedsyazani
12-07-2015, 09:05 PM
I had bought a G752VT and had the "missing G-sync" problem, returned it and problem in the second, returned it and problem in the third so I got a refund and ordered a VY.
Now I'm researching like crazy to find out what bugs I should be looking for when it arrives.

My G752VY has Gsync and I'm from Singapore.

blastashes
12-07-2015, 09:12 PM

My G752VT has g sync and i'm from the U.S. haven't had a single issue

blastashes
12-07-2015, 09:32 PM
In an earlier post I mentioned that I was happy with my new laptop but didn't mention I had a problem with it the second I turned it on because I thought the problem was resolved.

Since Friday (this is now Sunday) I've had 1 conversation with the retailer and 3 chats with Asus support

When I turn the laptop on all I get is the red start button to light up and three of the 5 LED's below the track-pad. No keys light up and I can't open the disk drive.
I did manage to get the laptop operational but every-time I shut it down I have to play with it by pressing the start button for 30 seconds with and without it being plugged in.

The first chat I had with Asus was disconnected and the guy never called me back
The second Asus Rep told me that there was static electricity build up on the mother board
The third chat I had with Asus the rep said the battery needs to be drained then charged.

Now after 2 hours of trying to get it to work, I get nothing.

$2000.00 for a laptop I researched for months and pre-orderd back in October and now this!

I have 4 laptops, 2 from Dell, a HP-Envy and a Lenovo...non of them ever had a problem starting up

Hey there bud, i'm sorry to hear about your issues, but i hope i can offer you some of my advice on the problem!

Personally, First, i've never had an issue with an asus product, being a dedicated "fannie" for at least 6 or 7 years.

Second, I just got my G752VT and its in perfect working condition. Now does that mean yours should be too? you'd hope so but no
not always.

One thing to remember is that manufacturers and companies produce hundreds of thousands if not millions of laptops, desktops, parts, etc.
And not everything can be made perfectly.

For example i was so excited to get a brand new Iphone 5s 64GB Space-grey right after release and it broke 3 months into use, the springboard
completely took a ****. But thats just a manufacturer defect because i unfortunately received a bad iphone out of the possible millions made.
This is the whole reason for manufacturer 1 year warranty's on new products.

What i think that you should do is, to honestly not even bother with the warranty, initiate a 100% full and entire return because you are obviously entitled to one.
And then buy the exact same laptop and have a different one shipped to you.

But personally I'll tell you what I did to purchase my laptop, because you shouldn't be buying direct from asus.

I bought my laptop custom from XoticPC.
Basically their a nice company online that custom builds laptops and desktops, kind of like the popular CyberpowerPC brand as well.
What they do is that they purchase these laptops directly from the manufacturer, and then offer them for sale with the choice of upgrading options.

So specifically in my custom order I had my laptop changed to a 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NvmE Pcie M.2 Sata SSD and then also changed
the branding of the basic Ram to Kingston HyperX Impact 2400MhZ Ram.

The base price of the laptop plus these upgrades and a few discounts ended my purchase total at $1950.00 without tax. However there is no tax because I live in california
and i can not be taxed on an online purchase from a company located in Nebraska. So Theres 8% Saved immediately I otherwise would have had to have paid.

Now what is the benefit of all this?

You can't get a bad model, now thats not to say it won't break or stop working in the future, because any new computer can.

However before shipping me my laptop they stresstested it, benchmarked it, and saw that it was in 100% full working condition before shipment.

As of right now I'm sitting pretty with a god tier laptop.

You should absolutely return your model and then purchase one through XoticPC's website, possibly even finding yourself upgrading something if you wanted to.
In the long run it will save you headache and money. Unless of course you forked out a ton for upgrades :D.

Their an asus recognized and partnered reseller and a Better Business Bureau Rated Business

Here is my order for refference if you wanted to see what I did and paid.

ASUS G752VT-RH71 - [ETA - Nov 2015]

Availability
PRE-ORDER - ( ETA, specifications and upgrade-ab ...
Free Shipping
FREE! – FEDEX Ground SHIPPING (Use Coupon Code ...
Free Game Promotion
Bullets or Blades Choose Assassin's Creed: Syndi ...
- Fall Savings Specials (Customizations) -
No Fall Savings Special(+ 0)
- Fall Savings Specials (External Hard Drive) -
- Fall Savings Specials (Notebook Cooler) -
- Fall Savings Specials (Security) -
- Fall Savings Specials (Service Bundle #1) -
- Fall Savings Specials (Service Bundle #2) -
- Fall Savings Specials (Service Bundle #3) -
- Fall Savings Specials (Service Bundle #4) -
- Fall Savings Specials (Software) -
- Fall Savings Specials (Xotic PC Exclusives) -
Display
17.3” FHD 16:9 IPS Matte Display with G-SYNC Technology ...
Dead Pixel Warranty
ASUS Zero Bright Dot (ZBD) 30 Day Pixel Guarantee - (In ...
Monitor Calibration
NO Professional Monitor Color Calibration(+ 0)
Processor
6th Generation Intel® Skylake™ i7-6700HQ (2.6GHz - 3.5G ...
Thermal Compound
Stock OEM Thermal Compound ( IC Diamond Thermal C ...
Graphics Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 970M (3.0GB) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX1 ...
Copper Cooling Upgrade
No Copper Cooling Upgrade(+ 0)
External Display Video Adapters
No Video Adapter(+ 0)
External Mobile Display
No External Mobile Display(+ 0)
Ram
16GB DDR4 2400MHz -Dual Channel Memory (2x8GB DIMMS) Ki ...
Exterior Finish - Graphic & Textured Wraps
Standard Laptop Finish(+ 0)
Exterior Finish - XOTIC PC Laser-Sketch™
No Laptop Laser-Sketch™(+ 0)
Exterior Finish - XOTIC PC Custom Painting (A Panel Only)
No Custom Laptop Painting(+ 0)
XOTIC Afterburner™ FX
No Afterburner Light Package (Afterburner light package ...
mSATA / M.2 SSD Drive - Configuration Option
M.2 Option: Operating System Installed [Default] w/ M.2 ...
mSATA M.2 PCIe / NVMe SSD Drive Slot 1
256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 Solid State Driv ...
mSATA / M.2 SSD Drive ( Slot 2 )
No M.2 SSD Drive(+ 0)
2.5" Bay 2 Hard Drive
1TB 7200RPM (SATA III - 6GB/s) - Default ...
Optical Drive Bay
Slim - 8x Super Multi DVDRW/CDRW Combo Drive (Dual L ...
Optical Drive Bay Hard Drive Caddy
No Extra Optical Bay Hard Drive Caddy(+ 0)
External Hard Drive (Back Up)
No Back Up Hard Drive(+ 0)
External USB Optical Drive
NO External USB Optical Drive(+ 0)
Bluetooth
Bluetooth Included *With select wireless cards only* (S ...
Wireless Network
Built-in Dual Band Wireless-AC 802.11 AC/A/B/G/N - Stoc ...
Wireless Network Accessories
No Network Accessory(+ 0)
Memory Card Reader
Internal 2-in-1 Card Reader (SD/MMC)(+ 0)
Camera
Built in 2.0 Megapixel Camera(+ 0)
TV Tuner
No TV Tuner(+ 0)
Sound Card
Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio - Included(+ 0)
Case
No Carrying Case(+ 0)
Battery
Smart Li-ion Battery (6-Cell)(+ 0)
Car Adapter
No Car Adapter(+ 0)
Spare AC Adapter
No Spare AC Adapter(+ 0)
AC Adapter - European/UK Power Cord
Standard US Power Cord(+ 0)
Port Replicators / Docks / Adapters
No Dock/Hub/Adapter(+ 0)
Fingerprint Reader
No Fingerprint Reader(+ 0)
Keyboard (External)
No External Keyboard(+ 0)
Mouse Accessories
No External Mouse(+ 0)
Notebook Cooler
No Notebook Cooler(+ 0)
XOTIC PC Redline Boost™ Extreme Performance
No Thanks, Please do not Overclock my system(+ 0)
OS Redline Boost
No Operating System Redline Boost(+ 0)
Operating System
Microsoft Windows® 10 - Installed(+ 0)
Operating System - Clean Installation Option
Keep factory installed operating system(+ 0)
System Recovery Manufacturer Backup Disks
No thanks, do not create backup recovery DVD's(+ 0)
Antivirus Software
No Antivirus Essentials Software Bundle(+ 0)
Back Up Software
No Back Up Software(+ 0)
Cloud Backup - Unlimited GB Storage
No Unlimited GB Cloud Backup(+ 0)
Microsoft Office Software
No Office Software(+ 0)
Software Bundle (Not Installed)
No Software Bundle(+ 0)
XOTIC PC Global Anti-Theft Protection
No Global Anti-Theft Protection (Options below require ...
ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE
None(+ 0)
Warranty
1 Year ASUS North America OEM Warranty 24/7 Support / 1 ...
Certificate of Ownership
No Certificate & Binder(+ 0)
The XOTIC PC Difference
* 24/7 LIFETIME U.S. based technical support
* Extre ...
Build Time
Rush Build (Ships in 1-4 Business Days After Ord ...
Outside of U.S. Shipping Coverage
No Outside of US Shipping Coverage(+ 0)
White Glove Premium Packaging
No thanks, standard double boxed packaging is okay with ...
XOTIC Gear
No XOTIC PC Gear(+ 0)
XOTIC PC / GEEK FUEL
No XOTIC PC / GEEK FUEL(+ 0)

$1,599.00
Ordered: 1
Shipped: 1
$1,922.00

Subtotal $1,922.00
Shipping & Handling $28.00
Grand Total $1,950.00

Hope This Helps!

Anyways goodluck M8.

vore01
12-08-2015, 05:12 PM
I boxed up the machine and waiting for UPS to pick it up...very disturbed with all this

All he time I wasted loading programs after Asus support originally said it was a software issue then having to reset it before sending it back.

I'm looking into the MSI 17" Dominator Pro.

Ken Of GenTech PC has been great with all this...He told me to send it back and once he received my tracking number from UPS he'll start processing my new order

Still....very sad....I've researched this Asus laptop since March and when I learned that there was a new model coming out I was eager to get one only to have to send it back

Clintlgm
12-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Well I just read this thread and I don't see where anyone told you to turn off Hybrid shut down. Hybrid shut down is just a form of sleep, cause all sorts of issues. As fast as these SSD Boot there is no need for it. I use classic Shell so I can't tell you the exact way to accomplish turn off hybrid shut down a set shut down to complete shut down. you'll find the setting in setting I think you would get there form the lower right corner of your screen?

I also agree with the others if it don't work out of the box exchange it for one that will. that is the only way to get Asus's attention with these issues.

Edweird
12-09-2015, 12:20 AM
Well I just read this thread and I don't see where anyone told you to turn off Hybrid shut down. Hybrid shut down is just a form of sleep, cause all sorts of issues. As fast as these SSD Boot there is no need for it. I use classic Shell so I can't tell you the exact way to accomplish turn off hybrid shut down a set shut down to complete shut down. you'll find the setting in setting I think you would get there form the lower right corner of your screen?

I also agree with the others if it don't work out of the box exchange it for one that will. that is the only way to get Asus's attention with these issues.

That was basically what I had happen to me in regards to what I posted earlier. It just never bothered me enough and definitely hasn't reached a point of not being able to turn the damn thing on for 2 hours...

Eleftherios
12-09-2015, 03:08 AM
...all of the people who come here do it to seek help so it looks like ASUS is the ****tiest brand ever and everything they ever make is broken lol...

Can't offer you any real advice apart from.

As to the quote. Asus is the best thing since sliced bread, especially the ROG division. I love my G751JY, I have a few problems but so what this laptop might as well be made of solid gold that's how much I love it. The truth is, support forums are full of problems as they quoted poster indicated, don't let it discourage you the marginal error rate would be below 5%. So if it's a lemon, RMA it.

Thank you ROG for the sexiest beast I have ever owned.

/one very proud ROG member.

vore01
12-09-2015, 11:35 PM
I looked into MSI and found that the screen was an issue with many reviewers. Not very bright and the color was off along with the contrast. Also the arrow key set up was strange, I use the arrow keys almost as much as the space bar

I decided to give Asus one more shot. I spoke with Ken at GenTech PC and he'll be shipping it out hopefully tomorrow (Thursday). He's shipping me a new machine based on the tracking number of the returned laptop. That's very nice of him so I don't have to wait until he receives it before the new one goes out.

He is going to open it and test it and also check for G-SYNC...it wasn't available on the returned laptop, only V-SYNC was

Asus...IF YOUR LISTENING...GET THIS RIGHT!

vore01
12-09-2015, 11:50 PM
I used to have this problem on my G751, apparently it was caused by Windows 8.1's weird shutdown/sleep mechanics. It stopped occurring a while ago and I've only had it happen once under Windows 10. I had to do the same things you did several times but that was last around...5 months ago? If you manage to boot it up again (and I'm sure you will), do a regular full shutdown.

The static buildup thing the rep mentioned is a possibility, holding the button for 30 seconds releases exactly that, so he might have been right. Just keep trying - otherwise, contact cl-Albert here on the forums, he's the US customer loyalty rep.

I have other new laptops (Lenovo and HP both have windows 10) and they always booted up the second I turned them on. Not once did I have a problem. Before I sent the Asus back I reset the machine to its original setup and again I had to fiddle wit the start button for 20-30 minutes before it booted up

Every time I shut the machine down it was a full shut down...keyboard lights went off, start button turned off, LED's below the track-pad turned off. I was able to turn the machine on after 4-5 hours of shut down ONLY by fiddling with the on button for 30 minutes

vore01
12-09-2015, 11:57 PM
CAN OF WORMS , I would send it back . thetanaz is right of course , Can Of Worms Later.
Not Working Right Out Of The Box , Its Gone , ASAP, No Calling Asus or No talking to Un Helpful Asus Reps On These Forums , They Just Spew The Party Line. Send It Back ASAP. Whats an Asus Rep Going to Do Come to Your House and Fix It For U or Bring a Working One Over ???
Someone Posted Here He Went through 4 G752 without G-Sync all from same Retailer .

That's what I eventually did Toronto...I sent it back. The laptop only had V=Sync by the way, no G-sync. I mentioned that to the retailer

vore01
12-10-2015, 12:35 AM

there were 3 options on the start bar..shut down, sleep and restart...not a mention of a hybrid shutdown at all. And I did a reset of the laptop before I sent it back no hybrid tag...

vore01
12-10-2015, 12:41 AM
Hey there bud, i'm sorry to hear about your issues, but i hope i can offer you some of my advice on the problem!

Personally, First, i've never had an issue with an asus product, being a dedicated "fannie" for at least 6 or 7 years.

Second, I just got my G752VT and its in perfect working condition. Now does that mean yours should be too? you'd hope so but no
not always.

One thing to remember is that manufacturers and companies produce hundreds of thousands if not millions of laptops, desktops, parts, etc.
And not everything can be made perfectly.

For example i was so excited to get a brand new Iphone 5s 64GB Space-grey right after release and it broke 3 months into use, the springboard
completely took a ****. But thats just a manufacturer defect because i unfortunately received a bad iphone out of the possible millions made.
This is the whole reason for manufacturer 1 year warranty's on new products.

What i think that you should do is, to honestly not even bother with the warranty, initiate a 100% full and entire return because you are obviously entitled to one.
And then buy the exact same laptop and have a different one shipped to you.

But personally I'll tell you what I did to purchase my laptop, because you shouldn't be buying direct from asus.

I bought my laptop custom from XoticPC.
Basically their a nice company online that custom builds laptops and desktops, kind of like the popular CyberpowerPC brand as well.
What they do is that they purchase these laptops directly from the manufacturer, and then offer them for sale with the choice of upgrading options.

So specifically in my custom order I had my laptop changed to a 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NvmE Pcie M.2 Sata SSD and then also changed
the branding of the basic Ram to Kingston HyperX Impact 2400MhZ Ram.

The base price of the laptop plus these upgrades and a few discounts ended my purchase total at $1950.00 without tax. However there is no tax because I live in california
and i can not be taxed on an online purchase from a company located in Nebraska. So Theres 8% Saved immediately I otherwise would have had to have paid.

Now what is the benefit of all this?

You can't get a bad model, now thats not to say it won't break or stop working in the future, because any new computer can.

However before shipping me my laptop they stresstested it, benchmarked it, and saw that it was in 100% full working condition before shipment.

As of right now I'm sitting pretty with a god tier laptop.

You should absolutely return your model and then purchase one through XoticPC's website, possibly even finding yourself upgrading something if you wanted to.
In the long run it will save you headache and money. Unless of course you forked out a ton for upgrades :D.

Their an asus recognized and partnered reseller and a Better Business Bureau Rated Business

Here is my order for refference if you wanted to see what I did and paid.

Hope This Helps!

Anyways goodluck M8.

Wow.....thanks for all that...very informative. I live in NY so I saved the tax too with the purchase from California. Only issue is I can't get to California unless I travel by plane to return it lol

thanks for your post

Clintlgm
12-10-2015, 04:10 AM
Yes default setting for Shut Down is Hybred Sleep, This is both in 8 8.1 and 10, you have to change the default to get a full complete shut down.
Here's a tutorial on changing the setting to full shut down on the Ten Forum (http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html)

vore01
12-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Yes default setting for Shut Down is Hybred Sleep, This is both in 8 8.1 and 10, you have to change the default to get a full complete shut down.
Here's a tutorial on changing the setting to full shut down on the Ten Forum (http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html)

I've never heard of this before and I've never had this on any of my current laptops. I don't think it entered into the problem I had with my G752. Asus support and my retailer never mentioned it. When I did a factory reset "hybrid sleet" never showed up on the start tab

Clintlgm
12-12-2015, 10:20 PM
Well the reason that your shut down button does not show Hybrid shut down is because it is default. You have to go into setting to change it to complete shut down. The Tutorial I linked you too explains it all pretty well.
Your issue and other like it can be caused because you have an issue that requires a complete shut down and your notebook is set to Hybrid shut down and only actually goes to sleep and you don't get a full shut down to clear your RAM. This is true for Windows 8 and 8.1 also 10, It is default as MS decided most people only have Spinner hard drives and need the Hybrid shut down to boot up quicker. Where as most of us with Gaming notebooks have SSD that boot just as fast or faster than the Hybrid shut down. So you need to change from the default setting Hybrid to Full shutdown.

vore01
12-13-2015, 09:59 AM
Well the reason that your shut down button does not show Hybrid shut down is because it is default. You have to go into setting to change it to complete shut down. The Tutorial I linked you too explains it all pretty well.
Your issue and other like it can be caused because you have an issue that requires a complete shut down and your notebook is set to Hybrid shut down and only actually goes to sleep and you don't get a full shut down to clear your RAM. This is true for Windows 8 and 8.1 also 10, It is default as MS decided most people only have Spinner hard drives and need the Hybrid shut down to boot up quicker. Where as most of us with Gaming notebooks have SSD that boot just as fast or faster than the Hybrid shut down. So you need to change from the default setting Hybrid to Full shutdown.

I had to fiddle with the start button for quite a while before the laptop would start after being "turned off" for a few hours. Once I got the laptop working and charging for a few hours I was able to shut it off and turn it back on with no trouble. This was diagnosed by Asus reps as a battery problem and/or a motherboard issue
I appreciate your getting back to this issue for me but I don't believe the hybrid shut down applied to my laptop. My new laptop arrives on Tuesday next week...I'll be sure to check it out for the type of shut down it enters. My retailer thoroughly checked the new machine before sending it to me and he tells me it works fine. so we'll see

mcorsitto
03-07-2016, 11:01 PM
I bought this product from one week from a store in swiss.
Unfortunately I have the audio driver problems and freez.
I contacted the store and even Asus and they told me that the warranty does not reimburse these damages.
I am very disappointed by Asus.

Here I bought the notebook.
https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/ratings/asus-g752vy-gc081t-1730-full-hd-intel-core-i7-6700hq-16gb-ssd-hdd-win-10-notebook-5664472?tagIds=614#rating

Like all give me negatively.
But I read around that has so many flaws.
If you have time, give me a Like positivo.tnx
To be able to give me Like you have to register.
I recommend you do not make comments.
If you have not bought the notebook from them will delete the comment and also the Like.
This is my Comment Title:
Achtung Probleme mit Audio Driver die Garantie nicht abdeckt und Schade für Bios und Raid 2xM.2 SSD/Sehr Wichtig für ein über 2200fr High End Gamer Notebook.
My Nick: fear75
Very tnx and regards

Clintlgm
03-08-2016, 02:57 PM
Yes if you read up on it windows 10 default shut down is Hybrid shutdown which is just a form of sleep. Windows 10 is set default to the you have to manualy change this setting to full shut down (http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7418-shut-down-computer-windows-10-a.html).