PDA

View Full Version : Quick question... about window7

Xtian Leonardo Reyes
11-22-2010, 06:05 PM
when you buy one of these,
does it give DVD/CD of windows 7?

coz i buy at bestbuy, and they only gave me the notebook nothing else...

im jst curious , for example i wanna reformat my noteboook, how can i install windows 7 with the key

appreciate the reply, thanks

Brian@ASUS
11-22-2010, 06:50 PM
during booth keep pressing F9, this will go into recovery mode and youc an reformat your notebook from here.

Xtian Leonardo Reyes
11-22-2010, 08:54 PM
<quote>during booth keep pressing F9, this will go into recovery mode and youc an reformat your notebook from here.</quote>

how about the existing window7? can i use it?

Brian@ASUS
11-22-2010, 10:08 PM
it will delete your existing windows 7. you asked how to reformat right? with the recovery you wont need to put in the key

Xtian Leonardo Reyes
11-25-2010, 02:09 AM
thanks!

Xtian Leonardo Reyes
11-25-2010, 02:13 AM
btw mr Brian@asus, can i ask another few questions:

i just bought my asusg73 last week, and i dont change any settings of it, i double click ATI the one on the lower right of the screen. and CATALYST ATI pop up.....

should i install it?
if i should .... what im i going to choose basic? or advance?

i ask this because there is an issue i read a while ago about GSOD something, the one that freeze the laptop
in my experience i havent experience that problem even single one. i play games like 12 hours a day with my g73

im really afraid to upgrade those Catalyst because my asus is running well

Appreciate the reply

Linkku
11-25-2010, 09:32 AM
If it aint broken dont fix it.

Pyro411
11-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Reyes, if you've done the ATI Video bios update, upgrade your drivers to 10.11, between the shipped drivers and the latest drivers there are a ton of game improvements and performance improvements. Sorry I do not remember what ATI Release number the shipped drivers are but I do know they are atleast before the 10.8 driver set if you're wondering so you can look at the release notes of the drivers to determine if the updates will affect anything you're doing

Mark Dano
11-29-2010, 02:24 AM
Download a illegal copy of w/e or just get a free copy (legal) and use your key after the 30 days ..

Illegal copy just type in your key at setup (now this is legal)

Xtian Leonardo Reyes
11-30-2010, 05:49 AM
thanks for the replies

btw i experiencing, FREEZE when i open my g73 after i type my password, 2 out of 5 it will stuck after typing my password?

anyone experience this??

Mark Dano
11-30-2010, 07:16 AM
thanks for the replies

btw i experiencing, FREEZE when i open my g73 after i type my password, 2 out of 5 it will stuck after typing my password?

anyone experience this??

Yeah that;s the probelem with the OS maybe reinstall or just live with it i had the probelem with my old computer but hwen i reinstalled win 7 it fixed but i would just say live with it not worth it

Xtian Leonardo Reyes
12-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Yeah that;s the probelem with the OS maybe reinstall or just live with it i had the probelem with my old computer but hwen i reinstalled win 7 it fixed but i would just say live with it not worth it

so this is the only solution for startup freeze? some people says that uninstall creative or some will say off the HIBERNATE option

ANYONE?

xeromist
12-01-2010, 12:49 AM
so this is the only solution for startup freeze? some people says that uninstall creative or some will say off the HIBERNATE option

ANYONE?

Lots of things can cause a freeze so is it the only solution? probably not. If you are worried about reinstalling windows then try the other things first and see how they work. If you haven't done anything worth saving on the laptop then it might actually be quicker to just try a restore.

MarkS
12-01-2010, 03:15 AM

ANYONE?

The only Creative freezing issue I know of is with Steam. If you use Steam and have it set to automatically connect at startup then you may/will get a freeze with the stock audio driver and Creative. You can check this by temporarily disabling the "Run Steam when my computer starts" setting in Steam.

You can also check if it's the Creative/Steam freeze by temporarily turning off all sound enhancements.

Beyond those, try checking the system event logs to see if there's any clues there.

Spunkgamer
12-01-2010, 07:49 AM
You could try this http://www.iobit.com/download.html#freesoftware download the advance system care tool the free version and then run it. It does a nice job and it is safe.

Xtian Leonardo Reyes
12-01-2010, 09:38 PM
The only Creative freezing issue I know of is with Steam. If you use Steam and have it set to automatically connect at startup then you may/will get a freeze with the stock audio driver and Creative. You can check this by temporarily disabling the "Run Steam when my computer starts" setting in Steam.

You can also check if it's the Creative/Steam freeze by temporarily turning off all sound enhancements.

Beyond those, try checking the system event logs to see if there's any clues there.
thanks!! btw i dont know where can i found Stream? where can i dissable run stream when my computer starts?

MarkS
12-02-2010, 01:01 AM
thanks!! btw i dont know where can i found Stream? where can i dissable run stream when my computer starts?

If you had Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/) you'd probably know it since you can purchase, download, and play games from there. :)